Welcome to the Calibre 11 TAG Heuer Forums

Hi all. New the forum. Currently only own one tag. But looking to start adding to the collection. Something I’ve been looking for; for a while is a 1000 in gold. Anybody here know of any? Ideally in the UK and with box and papers.
Thanks all.
As others said, welcome! Please don't forget to post a picture of your watch.

Beautiful car Gambba Ummm, I'd keep it ;)
Welcome Scottytay. I'm new here also. A fountain of information.

btw... I did receive the 3rd, sorry Aquagraph another heritage!

my_tag_III.jpg

That's okay, I'll allow it - it's a TAG after all. :)

That's okay, I'll allow it - it's a TAG after all. :)
Yes a still a Tag haha. I will say the 39mm seems to fit my wrist, or look better than the larger or smaller. Even though I supposedly have an average size wrist. I can't even imagine a 43mm. Both the 41mm & 35mm look good but the 39mm to me is a perfect fit.

Honestly I think it's all in the head. Sometimes I think 43mm Aquaracers are too big, but my 45mm Carrera is fine. Sometimes I think my 40mm Formula 1 is too small, but my 39mm Kirium is fine. Some watches fit on the wrist better than others, I do think my 38mm 6000 Series is verging on too small, but there isn't a bigger option as far as I'm aware - and I like it, so I live with it. It's also quite thin, I think if it was a few mm thicker it would help a bit...

I've noticed particularly when you go in a shop and try on a watch, it can really depend on watch you were wearing when you went in. If I go shopping with my Heuer01 on, everything seems too small...

Very true Aqua. My first 'luxury' watch was / is a Victorinox, a Christmas present from a few years ago. It is the same size as the Calibre 16 but the face isn't quite as big so it doesn't look as big. But to your point wearing the smaller ones isn't a big deal at all after having them on awhile.

Are most folks here into horology or just TAGHeuer? I enjoy all beautiful time pieces myself.

my_Vitorninox.jpg

Wow that Victorinox has an unusual bezel!

I like all kinds of watches, but I'm very focused on TAG as a brand... mainly because most of the other watches I really like are out of my price range (Royal Oak Offshore, Roger Dubuis, etc etc.).

Honestly I think it's all in the head. Sometimes I think 43mm Aquaracers are too big, but my 45mm Carrera is fine. Sometimes I think my 40mm Formula 1 is too small, but my 39mm Kirium is fine. Some watches fit on the wrist better than others, I do think my 38mm 6000 Series is verging on too small, but there isn't a bigger option as far as I'm aware - and I like it, so I live with it. It's also quite thin, I think if it was a few mm thicker it would help a bit...

I've noticed particularly when you go in a shop and try on a watch, it can really depend on watch you were wearing when you went in. If I go shopping with my Heuer01 on, everything seems too small...

I couldn't agree more. I have a 46 Breitling SuperOcean Heritage. It is thin enough and the lugs wrap enough that the watch feels fine and looks great. I got rid of an Omega 57 Chrono that was 41.5 mm but 16.5 MM thick. It just would not cooperate on my wrist. 40-43 is my sweet spot as long as not too thick.

Yes it does Aquagraph, rotates also. My girlfriend bought it for me maybe 8 years ago. I like it. In fact less than a year ago I had it repaired. Darn near cost as much as the original purchase price. But I didn't see anything in the current line up that I liked as much. It wasn't super expensive but I still really like it. Funny, not sure why, but I never considered a TAG. Guess they were out of my price range. The watch is my daily work watch. I work in plants, factory and such so I wouldn't ever wear the TAGs.
I was even talking about clocks and I think I mentioned I have a functional sundial. A fella from across the pond, (where most of you guys live?), built it after I gave him my longitude and latitude. Here is a picture of it with the Carrera. If you take into consideration Day Light Savings Time and the 5 minute difference from the equation of time the sundial is maybe a minute off? Pretty cool eh?! Excuse the staining bird poo is very acidic GRRRR.

TH_sundial.jpg

Your sundial is pretty cool actually - I like it! I must admit I don't own any 'proper' clocks, but it's something I am keen to get into...

I couldn't agree more. I have a 46 Breitling SuperOcean Heritage. It is thin enough and the lugs wrap enough that the watch feels fine and looks great. I got rid of an Omega 57 Chrono that was 41.5 mm but 16.5 MM thick. It just would not cooperate on my wrist. 40-43 is my sweet spot as long as not too thick.

Yeah thickness can be almost as important as diameter sometimes. I think the Aquagraph is only 40-41mm, but it's also about 16mm thick and it wears bigger, more like 44mm.

Your sundial is pretty cool actually - I like it! I must admit I don't own any 'proper' clocks, but it's something I am keen to get into...

Thank you! Yeah it's cool.
I have a few clocks but one of my favorites is an old stand up mantel clock that my grandparents owned. It runs fantastic, (keeps better time than an expensive Chelsea ships clock I have). What's really nice about it is the tic tock is fairly loud especially with no tv or radio on. I've been listening to that clock for over 50 years.

Thank you! Yeah it's cool.
I have a few clocks but one of my favorites is an old stand up mantel clock that my grandparents owned. It runs fantastic, (keeps better time than an expensive Chelsea ships clock I have). What's really nice about it is the tic tock is fairly loud especially with no tv or radio on. I've been listening to that clock for over 50 years.
Yes, I'd like a nice loud ticking mantel clock (haven't actually got a mantel, but never mind) or a Grandfather clock.

Yes, I'd like a nice loud ticking mantel clock (haven't actually got a mantel, but never mind) or a Grandfather clock.
This is my mantel clock - Le Coultre Atmos. It doesn't tick at all! But it's extremely accurate and never needs winding. s-l1600.jpg

I do have a grandfather clock but it doesn't make a peep other than the chimes which are fairly quiet also.

I tried taking a very short video of the clock for sound purposes but it won't send. I'm terrible at technology. A picture will have to suffice.

my_clock.jpg

This is my mantel clock - Le Coultre Atmos. It doesn't tick at all! But it's extremely accurate and never needs winding. s-l1600.jpg

Ah, I've heard of this, doesn't it use fluctuations in temperature for power - somehow...?

I tried taking a very short video of the clock for sound purposes but it won't send. I'm terrible at technology. A picture will have to suffice.

my_clock.jpg
That's a nice one, I really need to get myself a clock of some description!