TAG Heuer service experiences

The somewhat expected Calibre 5 fail on my Aquaracer saw me return mine to the AD yesterday. Nice txt this morning to say it was heading to the workshop already.

Early days from TAG’s point of view, but fair play to that service level from Ernest Jones.

Does it take some time for a watch to show received by the service center? USPS tracking shows my watch delivered to the New Jersey service center on Friday, June 23 but the repair status on the tag website still says awaiting watch.

Sent my Aquaracer into TH for well known crown and winding issue on Cailbre 5 movement, via my AD in the UK.

Whilst I was disappointed that the fault happened after only 7 months, plus the quoted timescale meaning it wouldn’t be back until 27th September (over 3 months), I was very pleased to get it back only 16 days later.

Fault appears resolved, although I won’t be chancing a manual wind again, plus date now sitting more central in the window as requested.

No complaints at all, with respect to Ernest Jones or TH.

Posting here to share my recent experience with the TH Service Center.

After almost a year of trial & error (Scammers offering counterfeits, buying a used piece and sending to Tag only to return it to seller because of undisclosed water damage, etc.) I was finally able to get my dream TH timepiece - WAY201A new and unworn! Immediately after delivery I sent my new and unworn timepiece to TH for the basic waterproofing service and regulation since it was more than 5 years old. After sitting at TH for over a month, my timepiece was completed and sent back to me, it arrived yesterday afternoon. Just a couple hours ago I took the watch off to do yard work and spent a few minutes examining it under my bathroom lighting. Much to my surprise I saw the case back wasn't screwed down all the way and could be easily moved with two fingers and little to no pressure. After realizing this, I took the case back off completely to make sure I didn't get any water in there from the night before when I washed my hands. Thankfully it looked spotless, but now I have to send it back and probably wait another month + just to get it corrected. I know a local jeweler could screw it on for me but it's the principle of the matter and I specifically paid $240 to get it re-waterproofed and the case back being screwed on properly is 50% of that service.

I'm sure it was an honest mix up, I'm not fuming over it...just sucks I have to send it back. Hopefully they can squeeze me in and send it back within a week. We'll see what they say...

I had a good experience with the New Jersey service center.
I had to send in my Carrera CBN2010 for warranty repair because the minute register hand stopped resetting to 0 after owning the watch approximately 6 months.
A full service and replacement of the minute subdial hand was their diagnosis.
I posted the watch on June 20, and had it back by
July 18.
All seems well, the chrono is functioning properly and the watch is keeping excellent time. The case, bezel, and bracelet look the same condition as when I packaged the watch. No added scratches or dings from the service center.
Hopefully they resolved the root cause of of the issue.

Mine is currently still back with TH for a polish on 2 lugs on the rear of the watch (almost 3wks now) after already having it previously for a few weeks (& not been rectified)

However I'm curious about purchasing a WAN2110 Aquaracer, anyone know the service cost for these at Tag and case polishing?

Mine is currently still back with TH for a polish on 2 lugs on the rear of the watch (almost 3wks now) after already having it previously for a few weeks (& not been rectified)

However I'm curious about purchasing a WAN2110 Aquaracer, anyone know the service cost for these at Tag and case polishing?

Funnily enough just took a call, Monaco ready for collection, inspected and apparently all good. Will pick up on over the weekend

Monaco collected and inspected, all is good, looks like a full case repolish.

Missed having this, especially whislt enjoying Drive2Survive.

YiF4XqV.jpg

aOxlxOL.jpg

Received a TH service/ travel case. (Different from the one the Monacos & Ltd Ed come with as standard.

Partner thinks I should push for something, due to the original issue & the issue when collecting before.

YiF4XqV.jpg

aOxlxOL.jpg

Received a TH service/ travel case. (Different from the one the Monacos & Ltd Ed come with as standard.

Partner thinks I should push for something, due to the original issue & the issue when collecting before.

Is your service case round?
That's how mine came back last week.

Is your service case round?
That's how mine came back last week.

More cylindrical - similar to a glasses case, to be honest not the greatest case, and just had TAG Heuer printed on the front, with some foam inside, The one that comes included with the Monaco as standard is better

More cylindrical - similar to a glasses case, to be honest not the greatest case, and just had TAG Heuer printed on the front, with some foam inside, The one that comes included with the Monaco as standard is better

Sounds like the standard return case (my Autavia and red Carrera returned in similar--if not the same--style case).

Sounds exactly like the one my warranty return came back with my Aquaracer. Not bad for free, albeit not luxury either.

If only there was a way to show photos here so we could all see Mr MacBeard's service case ::bleh::

YiF4XqV.jpg

aOxlxOL.jpg

Glad all went well. Main thing is you're happy again. I think the time to push for something may have passed. If it were me, I'd just enjoy it rather than get riled up again pushing for an additional gift. Unless you enjoy crying over spilt milk. (j/k)

So to follow up on my post from https://tagheuerforums.com/threads/...-you-wearing-wruw.19044/page-852#post-2303143

The JH85 was sent to TAG (Manchester) for warranty service in 2019 (purchased in 2018) and was returned without the rotor - owner at the time didn't know enough about watches to notice the issue, and didn't continue to regularly wear it. Fast forward to 2024 when I got it, and immediately noticed the issue.

Given the time elapsed, TAG have declined to replace the rotor for free and even refused to just charge for rotor + fitting - they are requiring a full M2 service to have it replaced. I've given the go ahead on it - at least it will be warrantied for two years, and be completely refinished.

Will update when it finally returns.

@flawless that's a tough situation! On one hand, TAG Heuer should honor the warranty. On the other hand, it's now 5 years later and the missing rotor was just discovered now? Is the original owner willing to compensate you to some degree? Just curious.

@flawless that's a tough situation! On one hand, TAG Heuer should honor the warranty. On the other hand, it's now 5 years later and the missing rotor was just discovered now? Is the original owner willing to compensate you to some degree? Just curious.

The original owner has been very patient with my tribulations with TAG trying to get them to supply/replace the rotor, and is going to pay half the service cost (which amounts to about 10% of the price I paid for the watch).

I am about to learn first-hand about TAG's service experience. :eek: I just shipped my wife's "new" Carrera off to them for service, and it should arrive tomorrow. Thanks to @Rsf and his deep-dive into TAG's web site, I learned the watch is over 12 years old, and I figured it was time to have it serviced. It is a Calibre 5, after all -- don't want to end up in @Jim Dollares's "scientific survey". ;)

Here's a better pic of the watch than what I had posted earlier:
w-watch.jpeg