TAG Heuer service experiences

Oh yeah, Jim just reminded me... I also sent my Senna F1 back under warranty (the date wasn't working properly). When it came back one of the hands had lost its lume... and the lume wasn't in the watch so it obviously fell out before they put it back.
IMG_8412.jpg

So basically, I've not exactly had great service overall have I?

I used the official service for warranty issues I had with my Carrera many years ago, repairs took months and several attempts to rectify, I then used Duncan at Genesis for a service on that watch, cheaper+quicker, much better service all over, would avoid an overworked(or incompetent) official service centre at all costs now.

I know that in the UK if you send a watch through an independent like Time After Time it goes to the same place as if you use an AD like Goldsmiths. The difference is the price. The example given was Breitling, buy given that they do most of the big name Swiss brands I wouldn't be at all surprised if all the watch companies were serviced by one big company in the UK

The pre-owned Breitling Colt GMT I purchased last year from Time and Gold was originally purchased from Goldsmiths UK in 2007. Is Goldsmiths a well known dealer over in the UK? Are they a good company to deal with?

I know that in the UK if you send a watch through an independent like Time After Time it goes to the same place as if you use an AD like Goldsmiths. The difference is the price. The example given was Breitling, buy given that they do most of the big name Swiss brands I wouldn't be at all surprised if all the watch companies were serviced by one big company in the UK
I do know that in the US in general, not specific to TAG Heuer, there are places that are certified service centers for a given brand. These can be independents that have their own watch technician and do the work in house. I brought my Breitling to such a place in San Francisco and it was listed on Breitling's website as an authorized service center at the time (no longer is though).

But the real question is, where do the ADs send a watch for service/warranty work and is it always the same place doing the work for ADs & Boutiques? The answer probably varies country to country. I would guess that some small countries might not even have a local service center and watches are sent to a regional location. Specific to TAG Heuer in the US, I was told by my Boutique that all watches needing warranty repairs are sent to their service center in New Jersey.

I would guess that some small countries might not even have a local service center and watches are sent to a regional location.
Europe has a SC in Germany which will take delivery all calibres but forwards the "CdF only" calibres to Switzerland. For my cal. 360 I always get 2 warranty cards, one stamped with Pforzheim and the other CdF.

Europe has a SC in Germany which will take delivery all calibres but forwards the "CdF only" calibres to Switzerland. For my cal. 360 I always get 2 warranty cards, one stamped with Pforzheim and the other CdF.
So the TH Germany SC will service most watches, but certain movements can only be serviced in Switzerland? Do you know what other movements might need to be serviced by Switzerland? I wonder if this is the case in other regions as well. I've always only gotten 1 warranty card, but my watches all have the bread & butter H02 or ETA/Sellita based movements.

So the TH Germany SC will service most watches, but certain movements can only be serviced in Switzerland? Do you know what other movements might need to be serviced by Switzerland? I wonder if this is the case in other regions as well. I've always only gotten 1 warranty card, but my watches all have the bread & butter H02 or ETA/Sellita based movements.
My cal 360 is in group 6, most certainly the v4 and such as well, 01/02/1887 fall into group 5 so those are serviced by the RSC;
Screenshot_20230219-203449~2.png

My cal 360 is in group 6, most certainly the v4 and such as well, 01/02/1887 fall into group 5 so those are serviced by the RSC;
Screenshot_20230219-203449~2.png
Thanks! Probably a lot of things that fall into Group 6 needs to be sent to Switzerland for every region globally.

Thanks! Probably a lot of things that fall into Group 6 needs to be sent to Switzerland for every region globally.
Yeah, would be my guess too.

The pre-owned Breitling Colt GMT I purchased last year from Time and Gold was originally purchased from Goldsmiths UK in 2007. Is Goldsmiths a well known dealer over in the UK? Are they a good company to deal with?

Yeah Goldsmiths is a big well known company here, in fact it operates some TAG Heuer boutiques in the UK.

I sent in my 160th Carrera and 85th Autavia in to the service center in the US to the New Jersey center. I sent them in on my own and they took eight and six weeks to get them repaired. One thing that I did like was when I sent the Autavia in, I has scratched the bezel. I had it replaced while they repaired the movement. They replaced it for a fee and returned the old parts. You don’t get that with the big R. I am happy to now have a slightly scratched spare just in case I really whack it in the future. Also I wonder how it would look replacing the Rint versions bezel. Food for thought for the future…

I've sent 2 Monacos for complete service with LVMH in UK. The standard cost is £ 475 for a complete service. I had got the plexiglass changed on the Monaco Python (CW2114), which costed £ 75. I have another Monaco 69 in service right now. It had major shit on the dial which needed to be changed. The bill for that was £ 850. My Monacos took about 2 weeks for a diagnosis and another 6-8 weeks for service completion. The Monaco 69 is running behind schedule as the parts are being ordered from Switzerland - so we are looking at 14-16 weeks for the full service.

I haven't had any issues with the service, all went quite smoothly.

Just a data point for a 5 year old quartz Carrera, only the maintenance was approved, refurbishing and bezel work has been skipped:

upload_2023-2-27_13-4-39.png

Screenshot_20230227-130304.png Screenshot_20230227-130328.png

Update on my previous post, service has been completed well before initial estimated end of service;

Screenshot_20230315-113841~2.png

Going through it right now with my Carrera 60th for warranty work on the chrono hand. They're giving it a full service which I'd hope would solve it but in my experience (with mostly vintage, but still) the specific issue must be addressed rather than a full service rectifying it.

Good communication though, got emails when the service request was entered (at the Boutique), when the watch arrived, when the estimate came, and when service began

Going through it right now with my Carrera 60th for warranty work on the chrono hand. They're giving it a full service which I'd hope would solve it but in my experience (with mostly vintage, but still) the specific issue must be addressed rather than a full service rectifying it.

Good communication though, got emails when the service request was entered (at the Boutique), when the watch arrived, when the estimate came, and when service began
Hope everything goes well. With the watch being so new, I would've thought they'd simply replace the entire movement.

My Blue Dreamer gets stuck after non-wear – until I engage the chrono, then the seconds hand starts moving and everything is OK.

TH just opened its first boutique in LA, I want to take the Blue Dreamer in but am nervous as I've gone in on 2 occasions recently and both times they've been unfamiliar with its existence. Just feels weird handing off the watch to someone to ship off to New Jersey or Switzerland who doesn't know they're handling a 100 piece LE.

Autavia Chrono CBE511B, minute jumping forward on the chrono at 55 seconds.

Sent for UK warranty repairs:
return pack received in 48 hours
diagnosed in a week
repaired under warranty in four weeks
got it back within 48 hours of notification it was fixed
=total time away 5.5 weeks

Now the minute hand jumps at 59 seconds not dead on 1 minute, but that's close enough for me.

Not a terrible experience tbh, just a pain that it happened at all.