TAG Heuer service experiences

Watch was delivered to LVMH in New Jersey this morning at 10:28 am, but the Tag Heuer service site still shows the status as "waiting for watch". Hopefully it won't take them too much longer to open the box and log in the watch.

Watch was delivered to LVMH in New Jersey this morning at 10:28 am, but the Tag Heuer service site still shows the status as "waiting for watch". Hopefully it won't take them too much longer to open the box and log in the watch.
The earthquake originated out of New Jersey this morning and may have disrupted some of the telecommunications. We felt it all the way up here in MA/CT. It wasn’t anything crazy (4.8) but it may delay some things. Or it may not! Hopefully everything stayed up and running.

The earthquake originated out of New Jersey this morning and may have disrupted some of the telecommunications. We felt it all the way up here in MA/CT. It wasn’t anything crazy (4.8) but it may delay some things. Or it may not! Hopefully everything stayed up and running.
Yeah, I actually felt it at work, just south of Baltimore.

And, TH is still showing "waiting for watch". So, hopefully it will be logged in early next week -- I know it's going to take a while, but I'll feel better once they say they have it and will get it on the schedule.

Yeah, I actually felt it at work, just south of Baltimore.

And, TH is still showing "waiting for watch". So, hopefully it will be logged in early next week -- I know it's going to take a while, but I'll feel better once they say they have it and will get it on the schedule.
I’m the same way! I’d be checked every ten minutes haha.

Mine took 4 or 5 business days after USPS tracking showed it delivered to show up as received in TAG’s system.

Mine took 4 or 5 business days after USPS tracking showed it delivered to show up as received in TAG’s system.
:thumbsup: Thanks! That gives me an estimate of what to expect.

In a nice surprise, in terms of it taking (slightly) less time than expected, TH has officially "received" my watch as of 1323 this afternoon. Now it has a status of "Diagnostic in progress", and they'll email me once that step is finished.

Here are the latest updates:

As mentioned above, I received an email from "TAG Heuer Customer Service USA/CA" on Monday, 8 Apr that the watch was officially received, and now had a status of "Diagnostic in progress". But, no mention of how long that diagnostic might take.

Yesterday, I received an email from "TAG Heuer Customer Care" (different name) reiterating that the watch was received and is now being diagnosed. This email added that I should receive an estimate in 7-10 days, so I just kinda resigned myself to a longer wait.

Today, I received another email from "TAG Heuer Customer Service USA/CA" (original name), with the estimate for my service and a request for payment. This was a pleasant surprise, since I wasn't expecting the estimate for another week at least. :) Since the estimate was for about what I had been expecting based on their posted price list, I just paid it online.

So, now back into a holding pattern. Let's hope the service and return is also quicker than expected -- I showed the watch to my wife before I shipped it, just in case something happened to it, and now she really wants it back!

Total newbie here, so if I am posting this in the wrong place, please let me know (but it is Tag Heuer service related).

I got a Tag Heuer (4000 series) from my parents as a birthday gift about 25 years ago (so while it’s not one of their higher end models, it has always been special to me). It has worked really well over the years but this past month it completely stopped working. So, naturally, I began looking into how I could get it fixed ….

However, I must be doing it wrong as I can’t seem to figure out how to get it repaired. For example, I am in the US (Texas) and from what I can see online, there are no authorized drop off locations / service centers in the US. (However I am convinced that that can’t be right so I’m probably doing it wrong.)

While I would prefer to drop it off somewhere, I figured I had to mail it in (as I can’t find a drop off place). However, when I registered an account on the Tag Heuer website, it asked for my watch’s serial and reference number. I know what both of those are due to the fact that they are engraved on the back of my watch casing. However, no matter what I type into their website, it keeps telling me that those numbers cannot be found. I figured that it’s because the watch is older than the website, so I began looking for another way to submit a service request.

It took me a while to find it but there is apparently a way to upload a photo of my watch to their website (as part of my account and service request). However, every time I try to upload a photo, I get an error message saying that the photo can’t be uploaded. I have tried taking different photos, uploading different file types, etc … but nothing works.

So, at this point … I am starting to think I will never get this thing fixed; but I found this forum and I am hoping someone here can help me out.

PS - Not only has the watch stopper working; but the bezel has always been incredibly hard to turn (making it unusable); also, the crown has always turned / wound counter clockwise (and I swear that everything I have read about it says it should turn clock wise, but I haven’t looked that up in a while). I would love for them to fix these things, while also fixing any of the cosmetic issues it has (to make it look newer; if possible). But I am afraid to ask them to do too much … as while I would love for it to work again, I don’t want to pay 2x as much to fix it (compared to what it originally cost).

Total newbie here, so if I am posting this in the wrong place, please let me know (but it is Tag Heuer service related).

I got a Tag Heuer (4000 series) from my parents as a birthday gift about 25 years ago (so while it’s not one of their higher end models, it has always been special to me). It has worked really well over the years but this past month it completely stopped working. So, naturally, I began looking into how I could get it fixed ….

However, I must be doing it wrong as I can’t seem to figure out how to get it repaired. For example, I am in the US (Texas) and from what I can see online, there are no authorized drop off locations / service centers in the US. (However I am convinced that that can’t be right so I’m probably doing it wrong.)

While I would prefer to drop it off somewhere, I figured I had to mail it in (as I can’t find a drop off place). However, when I registered an account on the Tag Heuer website, it asked for my watch’s serial and reference number. I know what both of those are due to the fact that they are engraved on the back of my watch casing. However, no matter what I type into their website, it keeps telling me that those numbers cannot be found. I figured that it’s because the watch is older than the website, so I began looking for another way to submit a service request.

It took me a while to find it but there is apparently a way to upload a photo of my watch to their website (as part of my account and service request). However, every time I try to upload a photo, I get an error message saying that the photo can’t be uploaded. I have tried taking different photos, uploading different file types, etc … but nothing works.

So, at this point … I am starting to think I will never get this thing fixed; but I found this forum and I am hoping someone here can help me out.

PS - Not only has the watch stopper working; but the bezel has always been incredibly hard to turn (making it unusable); also, the crown has always turned / wound counter clockwise (and I swear that everything I have read about it says it should turn clock wise, but I haven’t looked that up in a while). I would love for them to fix these things, while also fixing any of the cosmetic issues it has (to make it look newer; if possible). But I am afraid to ask them to do too much … as while I would love for it to work again, I don’t want to pay 2x as much to fix it (compared to what it originally cost).
I'd suggest calling TAG Heuer's US hotline number +1 855 824 1860 and ask about how to get it serviced by mail. Or they can probably direct you to a local authorized dealer.

I've used TAG Heuer Boutiques and Authorized Dealer stores to get my watches serviced. They took care of sending it to TAG Heuer's US service center in New Jersey. When complete, the watch was sent back to my local dealer.

The other option is to use a local watchmaker. TAG Heuer won't be able to do much with the case as it was beadblasted originally and that does wear smooth in places unfortunately. The bezel sounds like it needs removing, cleaning and a replacement spring fitting. You didn't say if the watch was automatic or quartz, but either way 4000s are not worth a lot of money so a service will be relatively expensive compared to the resale value of the watch.

You are probably right about the watch being too old for the website. There is little point in them entering numbers for watches that are 25 years old when it is supposed to be for checking warranty status. And if it's 25 years old then that was also before LVMH bought TAG Heuer.

I'd suggest calling TAG Heuer's US hotline number +1 855 824 1860 and ask about how to get it serviced by mail. Or they can probably direct you to a local authorized dealer.

I've used TAG Heuer Boutiques and Authorized Dealer stores to get my watches serviced. They took care of sending it to TAG Heuer's US service center in New Jersey. When complete, the watch was sent back to my local dealer.

Thanks for the info on the phone number to call. I will give them a shout and hopefully they can take care of me.

The other option is to use a local watchmaker. TAG Heuer won't be able to do much with the case as it was beadblasted originally and that does wear smooth in places unfortunately. The bezel sounds like it needs removing, cleaning and a replacement spring fitting. You didn't say if the watch was automatic or quartz, but either way 4000s are not worth a lot of money so a service will be relatively expensive compared to the resale value of the watch.

I thought about using a random watchmaker to fix it ... as I am guessing that isn't much different than getting TAG Heuer to fix it at this point. I mean, its not like it is under warranty, right? (However, it is a special watch to me, and so I really want it to work ... and am hoping TH has the ability to get it going again, whereas maybe a local watchmaker might not??)

The bezel might need to be "fixed" ... but it is actually just as difficult to move / turn today as the day I got it brand new. I remember when I took it out of the box, and tried to move the bezel and it would not move (it takes a lot of force and leverage to move it). At the time, I figured I would leave it alone as maybe I was doing something wrong ... I wasn't, and it was just very hard to turn. But all these years later, it is in the same condition.

Oh, and the watch is automatic (or kinetic).

You are probably right about the watch being too old for the website. There is little point in them entering numbers for watches that are 25 years old when it is supposed to be for checking warranty status. And if it's 25 years old then that was also before LVMH bought TAG Heuer.

Yeah, that was my guess too ... although, while that does make some sense, I would also think that they would have something come up when certain numbers were entered. Maybe not as much info as a current watch, but maybe lump all those old numbers together so that it just says something generic, like "4000 Series" or something. I just figured they wouldn't want people coming to the site and trying to use it, only to come up empty like I did. (But then again, I understand that that just takes more work on their part when it is probably not worth it to them.)

However, part of my thinking here is based on "emotion." I have always been a brand-loyal TAG Heuer guy; and I was always the first to say that one of the best things about getting a TAG Heuer is that they will take care of you if something ever happens to your watch. In fact, I did send it in for servicing maybe 10 years ago, and the experience was great ... but now, I am seeing that maybe they don't care once your watch has gotten pretty old and while I understand that to a certain degree, it doesn't sit well with my brand-loyal brain.

Oh well, I will call the phone number that was posted and report back any positive or negative experiences.

they don't care once your watch has gotten pretty old and while I understand that to a certain degree, it doesn't sit well with my brand-loyal brain.
Swiss like to talk about and market this glorified idea of a watch that can live forever and be passed on to coming generations but in reality they will often not touch a watch that is 20+ years old (exception that some offer mega expensive service for vintage pieces)

Swiss like to talk about and market this glorified idea of a watch that can live forever and be passed on to coming generations but in reality they will often not touch a watch that is 20+ years old (exception that some offer mega expensive service for vintage pieces)

They definitely like to service Vintage pieces. They make you pay for it though. The price of a new watch in some instances. 1000016592.jpg

They definitely like to service Vintage pieces. They make you pay for it though. The price of a new watch in some instances. 1000016592.jpg
Curious to know whether the strap included as complementary service, if so what is the reason or optionally charged?

Curious to know whether the strap included as complementary service, if so what is the reason or optionally charged?

There was no strap included with Service.
An option to have it replaced at an extra cost.