Greetings from Aroxx

Question is: Can you wear a speedy during physical therapy? Let’s see those photos man.

Have a speedy recovery Alex.
As long as it’s not Aqua-aerobics.

Marth: it’s a long running joke of idiotic people saying Speedmasters (the chronograph Alex is pridefully showing in the pics you posted) can’t be worn in the pool despite being waterproof from the factory, worn in space and in water landings when back on earth - Alex will get it.

Holy cow I just been tied up missed this had a # of side conversations with Aroxx straight up human being. I feel horrible to learn of the stroke. They are scary as hell just hit people out of the blue I’ve worked with a few people recovering from them it took a while but thank god they are doing well now.

My truest possible wishes for a successful recovery and heart felt sorrow for Aroxx and mom and all the family and friends who are impacted. We can get hit with so many strange things that seem to come out of nowhere. Please tell Aroxx Walrus is sending good vibrations and heart felt prayers. PM me anytime you’re ready or able if you need practice or just to reach out. I had a couple people reach out to me in March and February when I was knocking on heavens door and I am truly grateful they did. We are social beings losing that is very difficult. I am so damn sorry and feel terrible but I also know we can bounce back from tough stuff.

I wish I could do something if I can please don’t hesitate to ask.

Peace and all good things,
Jim

Oh a little heads up for Aroxx. Please tell him to be a little extra cautious with watches during his recovery. When I was recovering from one of my things one exercise they they suggested was take my watch on and off to increase dexterity my mind was so shot setting time was actually tricky, I think it was partly the pain treatment. But yup I lost my favorite watch recovering. Still mourning that loss and it wasn’t even a real speedmaster it was an auto day date but it meant a lot to me. If I can help anyone avoid that bummer I’d like to. I just hope someone cool found it. Damn still can’t believe this news. We really are fragile creatures at the mercy of so much.

I am shocked and dismayed to have just learned this by finding the thread just now.

Arrox, would you please get better. You're my Orient diver enabler.

Thanks for updating us Martha. I wish you the absolute best in your recovery Alex. You've got the arm of a younger man, so my guess is that this was a bit of a surprise. A friend of mine had a stroke at age 30. It was a totally freak thing as he was by all accounts a very healthy guy free of any vices like smoking and drinking. He has made a full recovery and is in his 40s now. He even runs marathons. I wish a speedy and complete recovery for you my friend.
Edited:

so sorry to hear this....I hope that your recovery is smooth and quick.

Lots of love in this tread.

I wish you a speedy recovery.

Oh no, absolutely hope for a fast and full recovery. I know someone who had a stroke last year and with quick treatment and good therapy, you wouldn't even know it now. Wishing for a similar outcome and great path ahead for Alex!

Your messages made me happy. My right side and my speech (aphasia) are not great now but will get better in time. I appreciated all of your kind messages and hope to be back to posting soon. - Alex (and Martha)

IMG_0012.jpeg

Your messages made me happy. My right side and my speech (aphasia) are not great now but will get better in time. I appreciated all of your kind messages and hope to be back to posting soon. - Alex (and Martha)

IMG_0012.jpeg

So happy to see you smiling in this update. Wishing you the best as you continue to recover.

IMG_0012.jpeg
Still waiting for the embarrassing childhood pics.🤪

IMG_0012.jpeg
Edited
Edited:

IMG_0012.jpeg
You wear your watch lefthanded ?
So maybe you can train it to hold the beer as well 😂 cant drink and talk at the same time anyway so win-win !

You’re still gonna sell your watches off cheap, just in case, right??
I'm glad they kept this emoji around::whipped:

Perfect for cases like this.

You’re still gonna sell your watches off cheap, just in case, right??
Sorry, but this post is in incredibly poor taste.

Sorry, but this post is in incredibly poor taste.
@DaveK is very kind person, I am sure that he had absolutely no ill intent. I imagine that he thought now that Alex is on the road to recovery, it was OK to bring a little levity as others have done. I certainly respect your view that it was a step too far.

@DaveK is very kind person, I am sure that he had absolutely no ill intent. I imagine that he thought now that Alex is on the road to recovery, it was OK to bring a little levity as others have done. I certainly respect your view that it was a step too far.
Yea I definitely wouldn’t read it like that, especially here in Australia that’s the kind of joke mates would make in similar circumstances with someone they’re wishing the best for.

Dear Alex
may I add to the many worldwide well wishers by sending heartfelt greetings from Canada (Toronto). Over 40 years as a physician I have seen so many demonstrate remarkable improvement after stroke, the rehab protocols are very effective. I want to share my hope and optimism for your full recovery.
Best regards
Sid

They raise 'em tough in Jersey. Keep your chin up. If you start feeling down grab a Tastykake and know we're all pulling for you.