Very tired A386 on the 'bay

A yes casowatches had this for sale a few months ago, I think the number was 7xxdxxx , it is getting very hard to find a nice clean a386 this is the third rough example on eBay this week, when looking for a a386 let it be a mark I, mark 2, or mark 3 , it really comes down to condition at the end of the day.

A yes casowatches hand this for sale a few months ago, I think the number was 7xxdxxx , it is getting very hard to find a nice clean a386 this is the third rough example on ebay this week, when looking for a a386 let it be a mark I, mark 2, or mark 3 , it really comes down to condition at the end of the day.

Exactly right, I saw them as something very hard to find in general but there are plenty around, its just finding one with a sharp case and a clean dial that's isn't already owned by LouS or one of the other Zenith guys here that's the trouble ;)

This is what you you need to find, its a mark I , it is on a ladder bracelet these days.

Your right gavin a mark I , not a perfect example worng crown, and a later 3019 movement install, and as you said nsa bracelet, but the case, dial , and hands are all original and correct for a very very early mark I a386 . I wonder what it went for.

This is what you you need to find, its a mark I , it is on a ladder bracelet these days.
Not a question of finding it, just prying it out of his hands without getting blood all over it. :unsure:

OUCH
Not a question of finding it, just prying it out of his hands without getting blood all over it. :unsure:

The seller accepted my offer and then two hours later cancelled the transaction. He said his 3 year old threw the watch on the ground, broke the crystal, and then twisted the hands. Sounds like someone made him a better offer before I could wake up and pay.

The seller accepted my offer and then two hours later cancelled the transaction. He said his 3 year old threw the watch on the ground, broke the crystal, and then twisted the hands. Sounds like someone made him a better offer before I could wake up and pay.

Yep, we've heard this story - or a similar bunch of bull - before.

Yep, we've heard this story - or a similar bunch of bull - before.

Yep, sounds familiar. Funny though how it only happens when I've gotten a decent price. The only logical conclusion is that watch sellers make very bad parents, right? :cautious:
Somebody sure as heck deserves a spanking!:whipped:

Dame rotten luck after having the good fortune to find a mark I this goes and happens , the only thing can console you is that the watch was not all original

Interesting thought. I doubt it shipped with the watch, because we've never seen that before, but might it have been chosen by the buyer at the place of purchase? Probably no way to prove or disprove that. I'm guessing it was a later addition.

I would also doubt it. I don't thing the finish of the bracelet goes with the case and I can't see Zenith missing that detail.

The finishing on the end piece and bracelet does not match that of the case so I am guessing a later addition.

the only thing can console you is that the watch was not all original

I'm new in Zenith, i don't know much of them... so I ask to you what is wrong in that watch, I thought it is a nice Mk1.

Tnx in advance for yours kind answer

Welcome .Every part of this watch is original zenith but there are some issues with the watch. Some parts are earlier and some are later. The crown is from an earlier date and the movement is from a later date . Also when I am talking there are some cosmetic problems ,it looks like someone has relumed the hour markers with a butter knife. The zenith inscription on the rotor has been engraved twice, I have highlighted some pictures of a very early 3019 movement with its is unique markings ,