The watch market today - an example

.....for speed. We don't have long to wait. The new look IndyCars were fast at St Pete last weekend.

JohnCote
Juan Pablo's back in the groove!

JPM looked really strong this past weekend at the GP of St Petersburg with his new wings!

JohnCote

JPM-StPt.jpg

Lou, my friend, I did have another birthday recently....so I guess I will accept the "old salt" deal...but even though, as you can see in the picture, my hair is starting to show more salt than pepper and I am getting a little thicker around the middle...I am still quick enough to find the occasional tic-tic-tic.

Best,

JohnCote

JohnTrack.jpg

This is a great photo!

Thanks. My colleague and friend Shawn "Gritz" Gritzmacher, who shot this, is one of the best motorsport photographers in the world in my opinion.

JohnCote

MSNWatch wrote this in another thread two years ago:

"Huge Supply + Huge Demand + High Public Awareness + High Prices = Potential Bubble
Low Supply + Low Demand + Low Public Awareness + Low Prices = Diamond in the Rough
Low Supply + High Demand + High Public Awareness + High Prices = Polished Diamond"

I added my own thoughts to it at that time:

"Huge Supply + Huge Demand + High Public Awareness + High Prices = Potential Bubble = Collectors start to hunt for minute differences on dials/special patinas/et al, to differentiate and continue to build legend (and their own name) = Large industry builds around faked/restored/redials too feed demand (as the rest of the watch is in “huge supply” the dial is the big thing) = Rolex Submariner/Sea-Dweller pre-saphire.
Low Supply + Low Demand + Low Public Awareness + Low Prices = Diamond in the Rough = Universal Gèneve up to the seventies.
Low Supply + High Demand + High Public Awareness + High Prices = Polished Diamond = ?."

Today one might add DO90 Speedys and what more?

I could go back and find lots more from earlier points in time.
Harvard economics professor Martin Feldstein-Bubble
S&P 500 was 1350 on the day this article was published.
We are 710 points higher than that now.
If the Harvard economics professor can't do it(pick tops), can you expect to?
http://wallstreetpit.com/91666-stock-market-is-in-a-fed-fueled-bubble-feldstein/
S&P 500 was 1800 on the day this article was published.
We are 260 points higher than that now.(on a break)
If the Nobel laureate can't do it(pick tops), can you expect to?
http://rt.com/business/nobel-laureate-predicts-stock-bubble-593/