Snoopy - just got a call - do I or don't I?

Well that was very unexpected. Just received the call from my OB and they have a Snoopy in stock ready for me if I want it. I know this truly a first world problem but having (again unexpectedly) received a call for a 321 earlier this year I wasn't planning on another expensive watch purchase for a good while.

I know I should just follow my heart, as I've advised others to do elsewhere on the forum, but I'm genuinely now thrown and torn on this one. On the one hand I think it's a cool and quirky Speedy variant. On the other I'm still questioning how much wear it will get and whether there's a tiny piece of me that would consider buying it, not as a good investment (I know that doesn't really exist in the mass watch world) but rather a sensible "but it shouldn't tank too much value if bought from new".

If I can convince myself I would get enough mileage from it then I suspect I might just go ahead but I would really appreciate the collective views here?

For reference if it helps, also in the rotated collection:
Speedmaster modern 321 Ed White
Seamaster NTTD which gets worn on a variety of straps plus the bracelet
Speedmaster First Omega in Space - special edition in Sedna / leather strap (rarely worn but I love it & Sedna in general)
Globemaster in half Sedna blue dial and bracelet
Tudor Black Bay 58 GMT (Pepsi equivalent bezel)
Have also taken a punt on the Fratello VPC 37 in blue which is due November, which I hope will become my default daily beater (Tudor fulfils this more than any others at present).

The 321 beats a Snoopy all day, everyday in my book which is why I have a 321 but have had zero interest in the Snoopy. Just personal. But only you can decide if you want it. You probably won't lose money on it long term, but that's always an iffy excuse for luxury goods. You would almost certainly do better investing that $10k in the market, buy a NASDAQ index fund or just Nvidea stock itself, but that obviously isn't as fun as having the Snoopy in your watch box. But watch collecting is never a practical exercise.
Edited:

Sounds like you aren't in love with it. There are a lot of other interesting watches you can buy with that money, and you already have two other Speedmasters.

Thanks both. Sound words. I guess you’re right in that I don’t “love” the snoopy unconditionally. If I did I wouldn’t even be asking here but I do really like it. Definitely need to sleep on it to figure out how strong that like is.

Already having two speedies, yes, although I view them both as more special and selective careful wearing. The snoopy I would definitely aim to wear more casually / daily when in rotation. Would likely think about the 3861 bracelet for it too.

Try it on. You never know if you'll like a watch until you try it on, even the popular ones.

If you don't really want it, let the next person on the waitlist have a shot at it.

Just get it. You're obviously on the fence and may end up regretting if you don't and harder to get one later at the price you pay now. Worst case you don't like it and sell it to someone on OF for what you paid and get your money back.

Can you afford it? If yes, do you want it? If yes, buy it.

Also, if you’re a true WIS, can you afford it? No. Do you want it? Yes. Buy it anyway.

...Worst case you don't like it and sell it to someone on OF for what you paid and get your money back.
DIBS!

Just get it. You're obviously on the fence and may end up regretting if you don't and harder to get one later at the price you pay now. Worst case you don't like it and sell it to someone on OF for what you paid and get your money back.
Funny, I would say that if you're on the fence, don't buy it. There are so many watches to love in this price range, and the OP has such a limited collection.

You’d be crazy to pass up on it. The 321 and snoopy are the best modern Omega out right now. Even the snoopy is better than the Rolex GMT. Spoken from an owner!
As a vintage lover, the 321 is OK. Rather have a real Ed White.
The snoopy is incredible! Crisp white dial (you don’t have one in your collection) and the blue is subtle enough. And on bracelet, even better. If you pick it up and change your mind, there are plenty of people who would buy it off you. Me included.

It seems to me that the people urging the OP to buy the watch may have ulterior motives. ::bleh::

Based on your collection and your description about how you feel about it, I don't think it's going to get much wrist time. And since it's not really an investment piece I would pass on it. I realize it seems crazy to pass on given how hard it's been to get since it was released, I just don't think it's worth the price to you. Unless you have unlimited disposable income.

If you have to question if it's a good decision to buy it, your brain is telling you it's not.

I have too many watches and need to sell several so I certainly don't need more. But there are a couple of watches that are hard to get that I love and if I got the call on one I would not hesitate to run down and purchase it. This is not the case for you with this watch.

I'm in the camp of if you're questioning if you should buy it then the answer is don't buy it. When I got the call, I was pumped and ran to the store immediately.

It seems to me that the people urging the OP to buy the watch
We sure do love spending other peoples money :D

Thank you all. Really appreciate the answers and to me the variance in them sums up my dilemma. @pdxleaf has nailed it for me - I need to get into the OB early next week (they’re prepared to hold it for a week or two for me) and try it on. Sounds silly but made me realise I’ve never actually seen a Snoopy in the flesh. Always liked it from everything I’ve seen online but since originally finding it and getting excited, my head has also been turned by things such as the 321, hence me now double thinking how I feel about the Snoopy. Reality is that I’m being stupid trying to make any decision without spending some quality time with it in person and seeing how I feel when it’s on the wrist. Time to mull further over the weekend and I’ll report back when I’ve been into the OB.

Again, thanks for all the opinions. Really helpful.

My wife will shoot me down if I buy a watch with a painted dog on the dial for 10K. At the very least, she'll send me to a cozy madhouse.

My wife will shoot me down if I buy a watch with a dog on the dial for 10K. At the very least, she'll send me to a cozy madhouse.
My greatest fear is if I depart this earth before my wife and she sells my watches / bikes / camera gear [insert expensive hobby of choice] for what I told her I paid for them….

Mind you, she does know the price of the 321 as it was effectively a 25th wedding anniversary present earlier this year.

Another 2 cents from me since you're asking for opinions.

While I don't blame you for going in and trying the watch on, try not to be carried away since it's on wrist and mere minutes away from being yours. I own several watches that I would not have bought if I had been more thoughtful about buying. One of which is my 42mm SMP. I went in to try it, knowing it was probably (or might be) too large and too thick for me to want to wear regularly. But I had the money and convinced myself at the AD that it didn't look too big. So I bought it. Within a day or two of buying I regretted it because I realized it simply was too big for me to get used to. So I never wear it (and need to sell it 😟).

And so I write this comment with a 2531.80 SMP on my wrist (which I did not own at the time I bought my 42mm SMP). This watch is 1mm smaller in diameter, 2mm shorter lug to lug, and 2mm thinner than the ceramic 42mm. I love it and it's my daily watch.