Show us your Speedmaster Moon

New to forum. New owner of a Speedy! 013EAC73-1562-4F50-ADDE-E1C79823C6AA.jpeg
Welcome in the World of Speedies Men ! Very very good choice the standard Moonwatch !

Looks like a few with new Moon Watches so i will start IMG_0084.JPG
Argh stop posting these! I'm undecided between a Rolex Submariner or Omega Speedmaster as my next big buy (will be in next 2-3 years)

Speedmaster is such a lovely watch!
Argh stop posting these! I'm undecided between a Rolex Submariner or Omega Speedmaster as my next big buy (will be in next 2-3 years)

The Rolex Sub is a great watch, but the Speedmaster is THE great watch. I have worn mine daily for the last three years and I don't think I will ever grow tired of it!

Speedy 2.jpg

I’ve been surfing this site, decided to sell other assets and pick up a new CoAxial from a supporting AD.

Received it with considerable dust on the dial and light mark on the crystal.Coming from lower cost tool watches like Sinn, this is disappointing.

Not a good way to start the Omega experience, is this common to others watches when received new?

9-XL.jpg

1-XL.jpg

9-XL.jpg

12-XL.jpg

I’ve been surfing this site, decided to sell other assets and pick up a new CoAxial from a supporting AD.

Received it with considerable dust on the dial and light mark on the crystal.Coming from lower cost tool watches like Sinn, this is disappointing.

Not a good way to start the Omega experience, is this common to others watches when received new?

9-XL.jpg

1-XL.jpg

9-XL.jpg

12-XL.jpg

I think it's just bad luck. I picked up this nos Speedmaster today and I had no such issues.

P1200043.JPG P1200089.JPG
Edited:

Anybody else scroll through these pics and think to themselves "man, what a bitchin looking watch! It's perfect!" Then have to remind yourself that your Speedy is just as bitchin and you still haven't grown tired of the dream of ownership that has become reality?

The speedy is just the best looking darn thing around.

To be fair though, there are others that look as good aesthetically but don't have the pull on the heartstrings the way the Moonwatch does.

Come to the dark side, my friend

Come to the dark side, my friend[/ the dark side
I certainly hope that you’re not referring to the Omega Speedmaster as the dark side :eek:

I certainly hope that you’re not referring to the Omega Speedmaster as the dark side :eek:
In the best way, yes!...I mean there is the Apollo 8 ref. So it's kinda already been said :D

OK - not a Speedy moon but parts of this one has actually been in space and it is essentially a moonwatch - apart from dial, hands, caseback and crystal.

speedyorite3_zpsc043f19e.jpg

speedyorite4_zps7f1cd4e4.jpg

speedyorite5_zps686dc1ce.jpg

speedyorite6_zpse4051212.jpg

Oh...and I know these are not new but this one was bought for the first time just a couple of weeks ago.

This is the original strap ? Where can I purchase the same strap. Looks handsome