Ebay Hi-jinks! Fun! Thrills!

lous Maybe you may have better look with this one on ebay uk item 190844611198 I think it a a3642

It is an A 3642, but it in disappointing shape

Lou
Feel like giving us an update?

A brief note from the seller today stating he is returning from vacation tomorrow and will write more fully once he investigates...

A little ray of sunshine today - a note of apology from the seller and notification that the fellow in Orford will forward the watch to me. Now if only it doesn't occur to that guy to ship me a piece of the granite of New Hampshire in place of the Defy, this might work out after all.

Happy resolution. New Hampshire recipient forwarded watch to me, arrived today, seller contrite. Pics to follow....

Happy resolution. New Hampshire recipient forwarded watch to me, arrived today, seller contrite. Pics to follow....
Good deal!

Well of course the good fellow from Orford did the upright thing. Did anyone ever expect otherwise?
The whole affair brings to mind the words of Daniel Webster:

"Men hang out their signs indicative of their respective trades;
shoemakers hang out a gigantic shoe;
jewelers a monster watch, and the dentist hangs out a gold tooth;
but in the mountains of New Hampshire, God Almighty has hung out a sign to show that there He makes men."

Fallen_Arches_4b1.jpg

Well of course the good fellow from Orford did the upright thing. Did anyone ever expect otherwise?
The whole affair brings to mind the words of Daniel Webster:

"Men hang out their signs indicative of their respective trades;
shoemakers hang out a gigantic shoe;
jewelers a monster watch, and the dentist hangs out a gold tooth;
but in the mountains of New Hampshire, God Almighty has hung out a sign to show that there He makes men."

Fallen_Arches_4b1.jpg
Except that the entire rock-face depicted completely collapsed a few years back.:eek:

Except that the entire rock-face depicted completely collapsed a few years back.:eek:

Yes... tragic... now nothing to distinguish it from every other ugly crag in the White Mountains...

oldman.jpg

... presumably our good Orfordian was born before God took down his shingle in the Granite State.

Well, THAT doesn't bode well for humanity!
Yes, let's base our predictions for the future of humanity on some random myth..... Oh, hold on.....

Happy to hear that good people still exist Lou. Congratulations on your patience....and on your nice find.

JohnC