Zenith or Breguet marine

I was planning on getting a Breguet Marine as a new addition to my collection, but surfing around the web the zenith El Primero is starting to give me an itch. Which one do you guys consider is a better watch.
I see the Breguet is a little more exclusive, you don´t see that many out there, well, that´s what I believe. Maybe it´s not that exclusive, maybe it´s just that nobody wants it.
Edited:

For starters, you're asking for opinions on two completely different manufactures. Then, there are multiple references of "Breuget Marine" and the possibilities for an El Primero are wide, deep and long.

Perhaps some further consideration on your part is warranted. Spend some time with the options, do some more research, try some on, narrow it down to what YOU like.

Then come back for some big-time enablement. :thumbsup:

Picture of two watches or I'm not playing ::bleh::

( and $5 someone works a speedmaster into the mix )

Pay yourself, you just did!:p

Here you go. They are 2 completely different watches, both beautiful.

03_2080_4021_21_C496_3.jpg 5823pth25zu_soldat_0.png

Here you go. They are 2 completely different watches, both beautiful.

03_2080_4021_21_C496_3.jpg 5823pth25zu_soldat_0.png
Can we choose neither?

I love Breguet, but that one doesn't have much of the Breguet qualities that I love.

Those Zenith with the open dial just looks odd as it is not a tourbillon.

Personally, for the money you are talking about shelling out, I would go vtg Zenith or more classic modern Breguet.

Good news is that have strong choices

If you were a true watch nerd you would know the answer...BOTH! ;)

JohnCote
Hahahahaaa
That is what mi heart is telling me, and it's making very good arguments. But a second entitie is coming into play making better arguments than my heart, an that is.... "MY WALLET"

Sent from my iPhone

Vintage Zenith. Other than the Type 20, Breguet pieces haven't really spoken to me.

Vintage Zenith. Other than the Type 20, Breguet pieces haven't really spoken to me.
I second that. Modern El primero zenith is surprisingly thick. I used to own 1 zenith aero defy chrono but the workmanship is great for the money paid if it is heavily discounted. Breguet is a complete new level in term of finish and price.

Sent from Note 4 using tapatalk

Marine is a strange animal: a watch trying to be both sporty and dressy. Small but with giant lugs. Not worth the money IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marine is a strange animal: a watch trying to be both sporty and dressy. Small but with giant lugs. Not worth the money IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The 42mm is not small at all.

Sent from my iPhone

I'm of the complete opposite mind - the blue dialed Big Date is fantastic.

breguet-marine-big-date-18709-031.jpg

I'm of the complete opposite mind - the blue dialed Big Date is fantastic.

breguet-marine-big-date-18709-031.jpg
That was a strong contendant at first. But then I decided I wanted rose gold and in the end I got captivated by the 42mm case which makes it look even bigger due to the thin bezel. Also the small second time indicator at 6 o'clock in the dual time model looks awesome.
0aa0233f519c1cc224de3dade26674d5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone

Excellent thread, really a full circle! Wristshot?

Excellent thread, really a full circle! Wristshot?
Still in the plan phase. I haven't bought it yet.

Sent from my iPhone

These are two completely different watches also at drastically different price points.
The Zenith El Primero is classic caliber, high frequency vpm, many different styles.
I would go for the tri-color classic design and avoid the partially skeletonized designs.

The Breguet Marine does have a great blend of sporty and elegant which is unusual as Bruguet usually is very classic formal. Here u buying for the finishing details and overall the aesthetic. It has a Lemania derived caliber which are now exclusive to Bruguet. I have the Marine 5823 and it is one of my personal favorites.

Breguet is actually part of the Swatch group and is marketed as their top tier premium brand. U won't see many out in the wild given the price points. Zenith is very much a niche watch collector's brand (in the USA) and overall a much better value.