Zenith New Vintage 69 Arrives

OK, just arrived. I was considering getting the "Original 69" but wanted to get something a bit more off the beaten path. The "New Vintage 69" (98/500) is what I got.

The aged enamel look of the dial, and the paddle chrono hand are incredibly charming. The lugs still flare a bit wide, which has been my issue with every Zenith I've tried at the boutique.

So enough with the talk, pic or it didn't happen:

f13853760e5aa4ec5162385f7bc9bb4b.jpg

Sent from my D6616 using Tapatalk

Nice! zoom in zoom in shots now...

The creamy vintage look of the dial - I am not sure that the modern "Original 1969" has it?

What a splendid watch! ::love::

Is this the 2009 LE or does Zenith make production of it again?

What a splendid watch! ::love::

Is this the 2009 LE or does Zenith make production of it again?

This is the 2009 LE (98/500). I was able to score it full kit unused with tags still on the strap

Very nice catch!

I was at the Zenith store today and tried this one:

_img.jpg

IMHO they made a damn good job with those neo-vintage!

Love those tri-color sub counters ::love::

Great buy, congrats :thumbsup:

The creamy vintage look of the dial - I am not sure that the modern "Original 1969" has it?
Loving that creamy dial. It's as though its got some patina developing on it already. Great looking dial

It's a brilliant decision to choose the beautiful Neo-Vintage Timepiece Sir.
Supersharp crisp dial , love the candy bar chronograph red hand & the box shape double sapphire dome.
For the flaring lugs , i think a brown alligator "puffed up" strap with a rubberized finish would match the 14.5 mm SS casing
I read somewhere it's also available in Rose Gold & black Titanium versions right?
Edited:

Not sure if it's an optical illusion .... Interesting that this edition shows a slight bow (curve) across the top

Nice pickup btw :thumbsup:

Not sure if it's an optical illusion .... Interesting that this edition shows a slight bow (curve) across the top

Nice pickup btw [emoji106]
Both correct! When viewed head on top and bottom edge is perfectly straight, but the case around the crystal is not perfectly flat - its a bit domed, so when viewed at an angle there will be a bow top and bottom.

Kinda like an orange slice. You can make a perfectly straight cut but the cut follows the curvature of the orange on the Z axis.

Sent from my D6616 using Tapatalk

Gorgeous. I love the sharp drop-off between the top and lugs, as well as the contrast between the brushed and polished bits like on my vintage Defy.

It's a brilliant decision to choose the beautiful Neo-Vintage Timepiece Sir.
Supersharp crisp dial , love the candy bar chronograph red hand & the box shape double sapphire dome.
For the flaring lugs , i think a brown alligator "puffed up" strap with a rubberized finish would match the 14.5 mm SS casing
I read somewhere it's also available in Rose Gold & black Titanium versions right?

26232.jpg

I've seen these. Rose gold is a winner, but the titanium one with the see through dial is well-nigh illegible.