Zenith lowering its prices ... for real!

Guessing this is due to a drop in demand for luxury goods from East Asia and Russia?

I felt the price increases in watch RRPs was quite substantial over the last few years; at all brands not just Zenith. But I am fairly surprised by this, I just had expected no further price rises over the next few years in order to let the market soak up the current overproduction in the industry.

Is this a sign of the market place, I'm very keen to see if the other brands follow suit. Even more intrigued to see if this has an impact on the vintage market place; perhaps a shift in sentiment from the view of vintage prices always going up.

When was the last time something like this happened? A drop of the RRP is something that's new to me, I've not been into watches long.

Interestingly, the classically styled watches have the smallest discounts. The 14.8% discount on Ref. 03.2080.400/01.C494 is surprising as I thought these were very well received by the press media.

TAG Heuer has really lowered a lot of prices even for pretty good watches as part of JCB's plan to line up LVMH's watches into a more tier oriented structure like Swatch Group does. Makes sense that Zenith would similarly come down a big to fill its position above TH but below Hublot. Some of these Zenith models were already incredibly good value beforehand considering the quality of watch you get and the discounts possible.

Wow. On a recent trip to Tourneau the only watch that really stood out was the El Primero 1969 38mm, and it stood out so much that it made me see Zenith in a new light. With EUR 1000 off the price, might be worth actually looking into this year...

very nice! other brands should follow!
Well I think this is wishful thinking.

But some brands that have raised their prices as extreme as Zenith over the last years may skip price increases. I was looking into the Doublematic from Zenith the other day and it was around 10.000€ at release date, three years later it was around 15.000€...

I think when people reduce prices on in private watch sales they should now say they are "repositioned"- brilliant.

Would anyone like to sell me a vintage Zenith chronometer for about 30% off the current market value :-)

Looks like business isn't going well these days...

That's great news. I really like 1969, maybe it is time to buy one :p

Which other industry than premium watches can afford to take their margins down 20%... luxury cars, maybe?!?

Which goes to prove how inflated the prices of famous brand watches are. Sure one could call it added value...but still...

Prices are only inflated when you can't sell your inventory at that price.

TAG Heuer has really lowered a lot of prices even for pretty good watches as part of JCB's plan to line up LVMH's watches into a more tier oriented structure like Swatch Group does. Makes sense that Zenith would similarly come down a big to fill its position above TH but below Hublot. Some of these Zenith models were already incredibly good value beforehand considering the quality of watch you get and the discounts possible.

Makes sense and one wonders if it's not also a way to compete more effectively against the Omega lines; a lot of the watches in the line up were in the 8k price range, whereas many of the Omegas (Globemaster etc) if I'm not mistaken are in the 7k-6k range...