Zenith Incoming!

Might be fun to have a thread for sharing the anticipation of that Zenith in transit. Here's a teaser photo of what's coming my way from the Old Country... via Philadelphia this morning... now in Louisville... so near and yet so far... come on UPS!

P1110151-1.jpg

Via Philly? It flew right over me! I need a good interceptor of some sort, maybe a surplus F16.

Via Philly? It flew right over me! I need a good interceptor of some sort, maybe a surplus F16.
If it was Australian Airmail you could shoot it down. image0001p.jpg

Definitely has the right movement in it!

All right gentlemen. You've waited long enough. Thank you for your patience, and I apologize for the phone-pic... better photos to follow in a separate post... but for now:

Behold!

A386wrist1.jpg

The short list just got shorter. :)

If you don't mind me asking, how much was that example?

Nice snag. I wish I can find one in such nice condition. The one in the upcoming Christie's auction isn't in as nice condition.

If you don't mind me asking, how much was that example?

Isn't that "Ammachizzit" in Australian? Ummm...probably a record for this model, but not quite as much as someone paid for this, if you count the commission:).

Very very nice. You're going to find it difficult to wear your other watches for a while...

The short list just got shorter. :)

No, no, no. That's not at all how it works. The short list never gets shorter. You now simply substitute in another watch in this one's slot.

We await your new short list.

No, no, no. That's not at all how it works. The short list never gets shorter. You now simply substitute in another watch in this one's slot.

Just like the FBI's Most Wanted list. :thumbsup:

Nice snag. I wish I can find one in such nice condition. The one in the upcoming Christie's auction isn't in as nice condition.

Gavin, in general terms, these go for north of USD5000, sometimes well north. In my opinion, it is still a pretty good price for a legendary high-beat chronograph with date, with Heuer Monacos around USD10000 and Rolex Daytonas somewhere in la la land. It'll be interesting to see what the one at Christies sells for - we haven't had one at auction for about a year, and that one was a very flawed example.

Very very nice. You're going to find it difficult to wear your other watches for a while...

We await your new short list.

Yes, I'll submit one of those "A Week on the Wrist" posts for you real soon. I call it "Cairelli Syndrome"; the dang thing gets real adhesive.

Revised short list also forthcoming.

Gavin, in general terms, these go for north of USD5000, sometimes well north. In my opinion, it is still a pretty good price for a legendary high-beat chronograph with date, with Heuer Monacos around USD10000 and Rolex Daytonas somewhere in la la land. It'll be interesting to see what the one at Christies sells for - we haven't had one at auction for about a year, and that one was a very flawed example.
Still undecided if I should try my luck on that one. Agree with you that they are hard to come back and maybe unrealistic to wait for one in yours or OP's condition. For that Chrisitie's one, is that rust on the pushers? That's what I am concern about. Perhaps you can enlighten. Thanks in advance.

I'm planning on stopping by Christies to check it out in person this weekend. I will update the forum.

Congrats! Saw these on another forum:

file-23.jpg

file-24.jpg

file-32.jpg