Zenith ID Please

Hi guys.
Hadn't considered Zenith watches before, but this one is for sale about 10 miles away from me for £190.
any thoughts?
Thanks

It looks tidy. The 2572 was made (according to Rossler) between 1975 and 1978. It is more usually seen in the 2572 C (manual with date) and mostlythe 2572 PC (auto with date) formats. It is a high beat, 28,800 bph. movement and is one of the family of movements that came with Zenith's purchase of Martel.

I don't think it is particularly collectible, but it is a smart looking watch and as you say, it's only £190.

Thanks Stewart. Looks very clean for its age. Usually rings alarm bells.

Thanks Stewart. Looks very clean for its age. Usually rings alarm bells.

Yes and no. With the rise of quartz watches around the same time, you can often stumble across mid- to late-70s (non-EP) Zeniths in NOS condition that got passed over by consumers clamoring for the new technology.

As Stewart notes, it's not very collectible, but the price seems fair given the condition.

It does look tempting, but having started down the Omega collecting path, I may be better putting that money towards another Omega. Thanks for your replies. Beautiful looking watch though.

Where is it at then as many a member would snap that up at that price.

I would be wearing it now if i saw it at that price :cool:Even better buy it and i will send you 200 + postage

Just a bit worried that there is no markings above the word ZENITH. most of the ones i've been looking at today have some kind of mark.

If Stewart H says it is smart looking :whistling:

Don't usually come onto the Zenith part of the forum, so playing big catch up with the posters on here. Always discussing fakes on the Omega section, hence my apprehension about an unknown (to me) marque. Think I might get it.

Well I bought it. Looks very elegant I think.

It is sharp looking elegant watch. At that price and with Zenith pedigree, you couldn't go wrong :thumbsup:

Nice watch, just wait they will give you a profit in a few years , all those cynical souls!

The tick is superb to say the least. Think it deserves a service.

The only thing of which you need to be aware, is that it has one of those "do not open" barrels. If your watchmaker is prepared to use a generic mainspring, this means nothing but, if not, the new spring means a complete barrel, arbour and spring at about £70 rather than £9 for a spring.