Zenith help!

The 01.0210.415. An under-loved, modernish-looking EP; 4,000 produced in 1973. This one has a few scratches, and I'm a bit put off by the "17 Jewels" on the rotor... nothing wrong with it, probably just meant for the American market, but you'd prefer the 31J version. I think it would be a decent deal somewhere around the price of the opening bid.

The 01.0210.415. An under-loved, modernish-looking EP; 4,000 produced in 1973. This one has a few scratches, and I'm a bit put off by the "17 Jewels" on the rotor... nothing wrong with it, probably just meant for the American market, but you'd prefer the 31J version. I think it would be a decent deal somewhere around the price of the opening bid.

Yes I would, Thought that the rotor was a replacement, didn't realize there were different (jeweled) versions of the El Primaro.

Yes, I hate looking at that, due to its strong pull, but the Zenophiles here will tell you to wait for the "real" thing or worse yet when you buy it they will all go, ".....

The Zenerati tend to prefer the New Vintage 1969 below, in part because the subdials overlap in the more traditional (and sensible) way. And the angled tonneau case is tres Zenith, though it might be an acquired taste. This one recalls the A3817... even harder to get hold of than the A386. I promise, no Nelsonian taunting if you buy this...

null_zpsdfceb022.jpg

Of these two new homage pieces the 40mm square cased dial in the 38mm case and it would all be done!!!!::love::

I almost bought the 38mm after getting the NV1969 but held back after deciding against the overlapped minute subdial. The NV 1969 has a better designed layout. AND 40mm isn't all that big. Got mine from Ashford too. Not easy finding one of these used so I got new and they are priced theirs very competitively. And I am NOT trying any sort of enabling here.:D

Oh no enabling necessary;) ...I agree the dial on the NV 1969 is the one but I'm not sold on that case. Just can't get past the dial on the 38mm, it's just an inferior design...those sub dials are all wrong.:( At some point I'll own one of them most likely.:unsure: