Zenith Chronograph w/ Ex Park 4 143-6

Rough?!? ... beautiful! What year and model line?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its amazing what the right lens can do :)
Im a Zenith virgin...only my 2nd. I was hoping someone here could enlighten me. Ive found very little online. It has a 143-6 movement and looks to be from the 50's. Its running great, and the case is in really nice shape. The dial has seen better days, but is original. I assume the unsigned crown is also replaced. A really cool piece, but out of my area of knowledge.

The minute register on the right side of the dial appears to have three long dash markers. Any idea what these are for?

Its amazing what the right lens can do :)
Im a Zenith virgin...only my 2nd. I was hoping someone here could enlighten me. Ive found very little online. It has a 143-6 movement and looks to be from the 50's. Its running great, and the case is in really nice shape. The dial has seen better days, but is original. I assume the unsigned crown is also replaced. A really cool piece, but out of my area of knowledge.

143-6 is an Excelsior Park-sourced movement. Here's a nice little page to eddicate yo-seff: http://www.invenitetfecit.com/modeles/excelsior_park_jeanneret_st_imier_en.html

It surprises many people to learn that Zenith, the house of the legendary El Primero, did not produce chronographs in-house until it bought Martel lock, stock and barrel in 1960.

The minute register on the right side of the dial appears to have three long dash markers. Any idea what these are for?

Telephone call charges. http://www.mwrforum.net/forums/showthread.php?71973-Chronograph-dial-markings

That's a great article on Excelsior Park. Thanks for sharing.

This is also 143-6, but I've seen in the Roessler book that it is an Excelsior Park 5 movement, correct me If Im wrong. Would also like input and info on my watch. Cheers!
IMAG1602.jpg
Edited: