Zenith cal 156

Hi, wanted to ask the Zenith gurus about this Zenith for sale.

I'm not familiar with Zeniths, but a combination (a) a recent GTG (b) some serious Zenith Compur eye candy made me lust irrationally for a two-subdial Zenith with blued hands.

So this one comes up:
Z1.JPG z2.JPG z3.JPG z4.JPG

1. And I'm looking at the dial and I'm thinking it doesn't look like a redial, but I'm not enough of an expert. There's a suggestion the inking is irregular at 6 O'clock (where it says 6/30/120 from top to bottom), but then again, the fonts look ok? (and is 'Compur' supposed to be there?)

2. Crown is unsigned - is that correct?

3. Movt looks correct though, counterchecking against Ranfft Database.

Damn I like those stepped lugs, and how the blue hands go with the blue numbers. But with these uncertainties I have... is this a franken or a redial? I await the judgement of the Zenith gurus - thanks!

I may be wrong but I'm going for redial. The printing especially on the subdials are off.

Not a franken, but a redial. Too bad, as it is an unusual case.

I may be wrong but I'm going for redial. The printing especially on the subdials are off.
I tend to agree with Gavin, the case, crown, movements, hands are all fine but the dial is kind of not so crisp.

Yeah - redial. :(

Clean examples of that movement are really about as good a finish as anything below Longines. Perhaps even as good of finish. They're truly beautiful.

Also it seems to me that the face is reprinted;
I doubt even on the case / case back;
Exceptional movement.

Personally I do not would purchase.

Giuseppe.

Ok folks, another cal 156 that @ELV web and I were discussing. I like these RG chronos... mmm.

The movt, case and caseback look ok. The big question is the dial. I was looking at an earlier thread, so I don't think it's a fresh redial, but is this original, or a older redial?

As always, thanks in advance folks!

z1a.JPG z1.JPG z2.JPG z3.JPG z4.JPG

I actually thought it could have been genuine with the subdials and marker looking pretty well done. Could it be that the "Zenith" was touched up while the rest was what it was?