zenith a386 on ebay

Well, it isn't in my 'purchased' portion of My eBay.

Best offer accepted, you Dennis?

Best offer accepted, you Dennis?

No, it's in my 'Didn't Win' section. :( All's well that ends well - and ends with my head still attached to the rest of me.

Well whoever got it congrats to them at that money, I still would have it over a relatively good condition 70s steel el primero.

Crap i was away and missed the whole freakin' thing...:(

This ruckus is akin to the ripples a Centenary causes in the Vintage Omega time continuum.

..... only I won my Centenary because I ____________ (fill in 'chickened out' or 'came to my senses' depending on your point of view) and hit Buy It Now.

Step away from your computer for a couple hours and look what happens...:rolleyes:

C'est trop cher.

She's getting a little old, and was never much after splitting up with Sonny IMO.

This ruckus is akin to the ripples a Centenary causes in the Vintage Omega time continuum.

..... only I won my Centenary because I ____________ (fill in 'chickened out' or 'came to my senses' depending on your point of view) and hit Buy It Now.

Interesting comparison. One important distinction is that the Centenary is an Omega connoisseur's piece, but the A 386 is the one Primero guaranteed to excite people outside of Zenith cognoscenti. I think for most of the latter, an A 386 brouhaha is a spectator sport (although I came damn close to hitting Buy It Now on this one - thanks to Dennis for launching an offer, or I might have and the last thing I need is another project watch just now).

LOL, Me too, just went out for a couple hours..... would have hit the BIN while everyone was dickin around. Oh well :)

..... only I won my Centenary because I was threatened by someone (fill in 'chickened out' or 'came to my senses' depending on your point of view) and hit Buy It Now.

Spain and Portugal frequently seem to undercut the competition on vintage Zenith pricing. Not sure why... maybe because "El Primero" doesn't sound so exotic to them.

Spain and Portugal frequently seem to undercut the competition on vintage Zenith pricing. Not sure why... maybe because "El Primero" doesn't sound so exotic to them.

Either that or "El Hard Currency" is pretty exotic in those parts. The stuff that comes out of there frequently does look as if it was forgotten at the bottom of a coffee can for a few decades.

i too made an offer, a bit of a lowball...just after the case...

And what, sir, might you have planned for an A 386 case?:cautious:

And what, sir, might you have planned for an A 386 case?:cautious:
To replace my no serial slightly over polished example...