Zenith 146d two chapter chronograph

What you actually got was very useful information - value range. And a polite nudge for more information. More than I would have given based on the lack of information or pictures in your original request.

The (appropriately) "snide sneering put downs" were earned with your rude follow up.

Perhaps if you try again, in a more civil manner, that more positive tone will be reciprocated. Otherwise continue to reap what you have sown.
Why is it ok for you to make comments about me but I get pilloried for doing it, is it a big boy thing ?

Why is it ok for you to make comments about me but I get pilloried for doing it, is it a big boy thing ?

The issue is, LoUs wasn't trying or being rude to you at all. He was even trying to help. And your response to his remark was just uncalled for. And therefore people are taking you to task for that.

In terms of user interface of this forum, I think it is the easiest there is out there in the www, or at least that is my opinion, I have seen other forums and been to other forums, I am just turned off by the interface. It is super easy to upload pictures and unless you are a Luddite (which shouldn't be the case), it should be fairly easy for you to figure a way out.
Edited:

Dear @Unluckyfred, you have won the record of offending in only 7 posts one of our most reputable memebers and all of us who appreciate his valuable advice.

Please, do not carry on that way and admit you have no sense of humor... or are you trolling a little bit?

I have a good sense of humour and I am not easily offended or upset and I found the initial answer to be cheek and snide and always trying to be honest, I put my reply to LouS but everybody has an opinion of what LouS meant, now how that is possible baffles me, not only that every bodies opinion is different, if I had claimed that it was a joke, as that could have been my sense of humour, but I was honest as I honestly found it quite cheeky, but everybody thinks it's ok to make wrong assumptions about me, and voice them. In all honesty ask yourself is this reaction warranted ? And was how I responded to LouS alleged sense of humour offensive ? And if so why and to whom ? It was me who found it offensive but that's finished if I met LouS in a bar I would bear no grudge.

Were you reading the same posts? I felt the snide put downs came from LouS initially, so In my own funny way I asked if he was being difficult. Now that answer should remove any second guesses or people saying "he meant this " I am stating my point, not some bodies interpretation of my thoughts.

Can we see the watch now please?

A picture says more than a 1000 words. Even if you're soon there in your 10 posts, it will still save you a lot of effort, and get a remarkably better result, I'm pretty sure of! :thumbsup:

Think of it this way.

You could have got a valuation of your watch by taking it to a vintage watch dealer. Presumably you didn't because this would involve time, effort and possibly a fee. Fair enough I wouldn't do that either.

However, you could remove several of these costs by simply searching on Google or ebay for recent sales listings. It doesn't appear that you did this either. Possibly because this may also be somewhat time consuming and require a bit of effort on your part. Again, fair enough, people are busy.

Instead you came here and asked for a valuation. Now, most forums won't give valuations at all. Fortunately, no such restrictions here. However, if you're going to join up for a free valuation, which will save you time, effort and money, the very least you could do is be a forthcoming as possible with your information and provide a picture. Basic common sense dictates that condition and originality will have a huge affect on value.

More importantly, the response you got wasn't nearly as rude as you're making out. It was a relevant and cheeky example of why more info is needed. Why not just shrug it off and start afresh. You might like it here.

A picture says more than a 1000 words. Even if you're soon there in your 10 posts, it will still save you a lot of effort, and get a remarkably better result, I'm pretty sure of! :thumbsup:
I will try and upload some pics I am not great with technology, I'm still struggling with electricity many thanks for advice and help much appreciated, cheers fred

Oh man, that sounds like Kaspar Hauser right out from the basement.....:thumbsdown:

Cannot be that bad, can it??

Think of it this way.

You could have got a valuation of your watch by taking it to a vintage watch dealer. Presumably you didn't because this would involve time, effort and possibly a fee. Fair enough I wouldn't do that either.

However, you could remove several of these costs by simply searching on Google or ebay for recent sales listings. It doesn't appear that you did this either. Possibly because this may also be somewhat time consuming and require a bit of effort on your part. Again, fair enough, people are busy.

Instead you came here and asked for a valuation. Now, most forums won't give valuations at all. Fortunately, no such restrictions here. However, if you're going to join up for a free valuation, which will save you time, effort and money, the very least you could do is be a forthcoming as possible with your information and provide a picture. Basic common sense dictates that condition and originality will have a huge affect on value.

More importantly, the response you got wasn't nearly as rude as you're making out. It was a relevant and cheeky example of why more info is needed. Why not just shrug it off and start afresh. You might like it here.
You sound pretty fascinated by money David, I have plenty of time to go round watch dealers, which I did and would have paid for a valuation if I got one, the only answer I got was "it's awfully shiney" and "your better off sending it to London " the reason for the valuation was to see if I have been ripped off. I admit to having a passion for nice things but not the money ! I feel this watch is too nice to waste sitting in a drawer as I don't get out much due to eyesight problems and that's another reason I am now looking at bigger sports watches, nice and big with lots of contrast.i am drawn by things of beauty not money and I am sure you agree spending lots of one doesn't necessarily get the other. Before I bought this watch I had never heard of zenith, and had omegas, oris, Longines, the lower end of the price scale, but I would quite like a nice pocket watch.
I will try and upload some pics I am not great with technology, I'm still struggling with electricity many thanks for advice and help much appreciated, cheers fred

The watch has its original black croc strap with matching buckle, the winder (?) is unmarked, it runs smoothly and keeps good time. I have videoed it with back off to show it running, but I am trying to figure what to do with footage. Doh !

The watch has its original black croc strap with matching buckle, the winder (?) is unmarked, it runs smoothly and keeps good time. I have videoed it with back off to show it running, but I am trying to figure what to do with footage. Doh !

You sound pretty fascinated by money David.

Well you've lost me completely now. I was under the impression it was you who came in asking for an idea of the value of a watch. I mentioned money once, saying some dealers would charge for a valuation.

Thanks for uploading some pictures. I hope you get the info you need.

Wow, that is what I call a ketchup effect! Not 1 or 2 pictures, 39 of them = 39.000 words!

As for the watch, it's a very nice Zenith chrono in 18K you got there. Excellent case, movement and dial as it seems.

Now, let's see if @LouS is the bigger man I think he is, so he will get back here and give an evaluation of the watch. I think there are several members here that like these. I for one, even if I yet have failed, to buy and to keep in my collection, a Zenith chrono. Very annoying that....

Very nice case and dial. No idea on the value as I've only really being looking at early Primeros so far. I'd be willing to part with £1000 for it, so I'm guessing it's worth more than that!

I'm nowhere near @LouS level of expertise, but based on my experience hunting and getting a similar zenith solid gold 146dp, I would say this example with a replacement crown should fetch between $1300 and $1800 usd.

Gd luck and welcome to OF! :thumbsup:

Thanks for the help and info it's much appreciated,
Very nice case and dial. No idea on the value as I've only really being looking at early Primeros so far. I'd be willing to part with £1000 for it, so I'm guessing it's worth more than that!
Hello thanks for the offer but I paid more than that for it, cheers fred

I'm nowhere near @LouS level of expertise, but based on my experience hunting and getting a similar zenith solid gold 146dp, I would say this example with a replacement crown should fetch between $1300 and $1800 usd.

Gd luck and welcome to OF! :thumbsup:
Thanks for the warm welcome, do you think the crowns a replacement ? I like things to be original, cheers fred