You Will Be Assimilated. Resistance Is Futile.

I'm not sure why but somehow eBay keeps throwing up these Zenith Chronomasters as suggestions in my eBay feed. I think they're pretty ugly. It seems like some watches in the Zenith collection got unwillingly assimilated into the Borg... ::facepalm1:: (advance thanks to Lou for borrowing his picture!)

Zenith Borg.jpg

I agree with you Nigel. Those open zeniths are fugly...... I'll stick with classic design.

The only open heart Zenith I like is the 40 mm Chronomaster T:

best.png

I'd own that because of the dial work and power reserve feature.

Agreed!

ShotGun - Check!
Map of the nearest banks - Check!
Black hood - Check!
Zenith 40 mm Chronomaster T - Standby for upload!

Jokes aside. That looks like THE modern El Primero to me!?

Well played! Zenith designers have had some truly awful ideas.

That looks like THE modern El Primero to me!?

Well, there is the recent 37 mm reissue of the A386, and a few years ago there was the dual register Big Date 40 mm guilloché dial too.

zenith stock.jpg

Let's see what the X CEO of Z does at his new Rollie home. Could take a while ... but I'm not gonna wait to be assimilated

:whistling:

The new CEO of Zenith is coming from Breitling - that transition could be just as interesting.:cautious:

The new CEO of Zenith is coming from Breitling - that transition could be just as interesting.:cautious:

Better get down the gym - we're gonna need bigger wrists.

Well, there is the recent 37 mm reissue of the A386, and a few years ago there was the dual register Big Date 40 mm guilloché dial too.

This one is much better. I dig the big date. It could do with less busy numbers in dial and more guilloche area.

..... and the optician - the dials are gonna get busy.

As long they stay away from Breitling Bentley size. I've tried the 50mm before, it had huge busy dial.

Zenith's already gone to 48mm with those Pilot Type 20 Monster d'Aeronefs. I don't see what difference an additional 2mm would make.

For those of us with large wrists, the XXT version with Roman numerals was the open heart to have...
6092409775_98eeebc052_b.jpg

The XXT was my first Zenith but the open heart and reserve hand proved to be too much. I finally admitted to myself I couldn't tell the time very easily so no more open dials for me.