Wot's in da Box?: Summer doldrums edition

I really like this dial much better than the vintage dials. The new dial has more of a sunburst effect, with a dynamic play between light and dark across the whole dial as the angles of lighting change. Those old "fume" dials are just a steady gradient of lighter to darker paint from center to periphery... interesting, but nothing so dynamic about them.
Zenith hasn't produced a watch with such a cool brown dial since... well, since this: ;)

null_zpsfa27375f.jpg

That watch is a stunner. Does it give off that pretty blue hue to the naked eye?

Not really. That's the antireflective coating. On the other and, the dial furniture seems crisper and brighter.

Have to say I'm really glad we have all of you vintage Zenith guys here, the variety and quality of pieces we see is such a perfect complimentary extension to the forum.

I really like this dial much better than the vintage dials. The new dial has more of a sunburst effect, with a dynamic play between light and dark across the whole dial as the angles of lighting change. Those old "fume" dials are just a steady gradient of lighter to darker paint from center to periphery... interesting, but nothing so dynamic about them.
Zenith hasn't produced a watch with such a cool brown dial since... well, since this: ;)

null_zpsfa27375f.jpg

Looks like your subliminal suggestion worked. Didn't recall this one until you posted it again...this was clearly the seed of the idea.

For those of you complication hounds, it appears you can get the Annual Calendar with the same dial in a boutique edition. Looks like a "plank dial" too.
03_2072_4054_18_C711_3.jpg