What do you think of Christopher Ward?

I have been looking around and like the micro brand story and the reviews of great quality of the brand. I pre ordered the limited edition white snow leopard with the in house sh21 movement. Just want to hear what people think before the order gets filled in July. Or if this is a waste of nj why.

Seem very solid,

some issues with in house customer service a few years back.

check the Christopher ward forums.

Buying new

Resale value of a rock :whistling:

I’ve never owned one but I do like the new rebranded logo

Buying new

Resale value of a rock :whistling:
Ya I don’t buy to resell I like the look and I think the movement is pretty nice from a small brand also. And it does help endangered Animals

Ya I don’t buy to resell I like the look and I think the movement is pretty nice from a small brand also. And it does help endangered Animals
I getcha but on certain watches (like tag heur) that lose so much value when you drive them off the lot I tend to buy used. However if you really like something and want it new without any plans to sell in the future why not if it brings you the happiness a watch is supposed to.
I really like CW moon phase. There was many issues about bad customer service as someone stated a while back but it seems on Reddit I see a lot of positive comments now and I do prefer the new logo. I have yet to try one but a few I’ve seen look really nice.

I getcha but on certain watches (like tag heur) that lose so much value when you drive them off the lot I tend to buy used. However if you really like something and want it new without any plans to sell in the future why not if it brings you the happiness a watch is supposed to.
I really like CW moon phase. There was many issues about bad customer service as someone stated a while back but it seems on Reddit I see a lot of positive comments now and I do prefer the new logo. I have yet to try one but a few I’ve seen look really nice.
Plus they have a 60 day return policy which I have heard mix reviews about but if the quality isn’t there I’ll just send it back. For 2000 dollars it better be good.

I had to look it up. Interesting dial
E7510D7B-7668-4517-BB30-0FE9B85BC2F7.jpeg
Ya it seems nice I got it on the bracelet and the black strap in your picture. I’ll update this summer.

I think the main issue with CW watches is that they are no longer a cheap alternative. I bought one many years ago, nothing wrong with the watch or the ETA movement inside it but now their prices are the same as some vintage watches that I would rather buy.

As a fan of the brand I'm leaping to CW's defence even though you guys haven't done the hatchet job sometimes done for no apparent reason.

What applies to Christopher Ward applies to other watch brands so if you've owned a CW and didn't like it you should say why. If you've owned one and it was made of toffee and melted in the sun you should say so. If you've actually had dealings with the frankly understaffed customer service department you should say so. And, if you've watched some internet reviewer trashing the brand "just to stand out" why, you're welcome!
The brand started in 2005 so clearly they're playing catch-up with the older-established brands.
The 60 day return deal relies on you returning the watch in the same condition you received it. You bought it mail order with no retail outlet at which to try it on so it's only right that you can receive it and decide you don't like it.
The SH21 5-day power reserve in-house movement equipped C63 Snow Leopard? I hope you get as much pleasure as I do from mine. The dial texture is meant to reflect the markings in the coat of a snow leopard and fwiw I see the markings as much as depressions in the dial rather than embossings.

ps. I'm off the hobby horse now.....:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
20230402_095221.jpg

I think the main issue with CW watches is that they are no longer a cheap alternative. I bought one many years ago, nothing wrong with the watch or the ETA movement inside it but now their prices are the same as some vintage watches that I would rather buy.
Ya I wanted something new but not set on cw wanted the white dial,in-house movement, open case back. Always open to other watches or brands. Just seems like a good value

As a fan of the brand I'm leaping to CW's defence even though you guys haven't done the hatchet job sometimes done for no apparent reason.

What applies to Christopher Ward applies to other watch brands so if you've owned a CW and didn't like it you should say why. If you've owned one and it was made of toffee and melted in the sun you should say so. If you've actually had dealings with the frankly understaffed customer service department you should say so. And, if you've watched some internet reviewer trashing the brand "just to stand out" why, you're welcome!
The brand started in 2005 so clearly they're playing catch-up with the older-established brands.
The 60 day return deal relies on you returning the watch in the same condition you received it. You bought it mail order with no retail outlet at which to try it on so it's only right that you can receive it and decide you don't like it.
The SH21 5-day power reserve in-house movement equipped C63 Snow Leopard? I hope you get as much pleasure as I do from mine. The dial texture is meant to reflect the markings in the coat of a snow leopard and fwiw I see the markings as much as depressions in the dial rather than embossings.

ps. I'm off the hobby horse now.....:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
20230402_095221.jpg
How do you have it already

I don't entirely disagree with your logic because my mind often reaches for "new CW or pre-owned Aqua Terra?" and that slows me right down. Respectfully I'd suggest we're comparing new apples with old pears whereas if I look at "pre-owned CW COSC rated 300m WR dive watch made in Switzerland" and make comparisons with "pre-owned other brand COSC rated 300m WR dive watch made in Switzerland" the prices are still compelling.
Edited:

How do you have it already

When this model and the Blue Marine model were launched in late January there was an initial batch of 150 of each, I ordered on 1st February.

I’m looking forward to my Bel Canto arriving in August. A brand providing a complication that would normally be out of my price range so credit to them if they deliver everything they say they will.
1st Edition of the watch went down very well so no reason to fear any quality issues on the 2nd run.
I played safe and bought the black one on the bracelet which has a nice micro adjustment and I have plenty of straps to throw at it.

I feel their dials, cases, and bracelets match up better than you would think against more expensive watches. IMO, their COSC and proprietary movement models are among the best in their price range.

My own criticism of the brand is they've been known to have short shelf lives of models and parts supplies. This is in contrast to a brand like Omega, who have a great reputation of being able to service and replace parts well after watches have been discontinued. Though recently Christopher Ward seems to have taken steps in improving in this regard.
Edited:

I feel their dials, cases, and bracelets match up better than you would think against more expensive watches. IMO, their COSC and proprietary movement models are among the best in their price range.

My own criticism of the brand is they've been known to have short shelf lives of models and parts supplies. This is in contrast to a brand like Omega, who have a great reputation of being able to service and replace parts well after watches have been discontinued. Though recently Christopher Ward seems to have taken steps in improving in this regard.

hopefully they stay in business for the 5 years of my warranty lol. From what I seem they are top quality watches I’m an omega lover and my seamaster and speedy so if it’s close to them in quality and feel on the wrist I’ll be a fan for ever. Once my watch gets here I’ll update