Welcome to the Calibre 11 TAG Heuer Forums

Welcome to the forum Gene. I didn't think employees were allowed to come here, we won't tell anyone if you don't.

Welcome to the forum Gene. I didn't think employees were allowed to come here, we won't tell anyone if you don't.
Is there a forum rule we don't allow TAG employees? :eek:

No I don't think TAG allow employees, but then maybe the boutique is owned by Watches of the Bahamas, nog TAG.

Welcome along.
Don't you get a 40% discount once a year on any LVMH Brand? This used to be the case up until at least a year ago.

Welcome along.
Don't you get a 40% discount once a year on any LVMH Brand? This used to be the case up until at least a year ago.
Alot has change, i am not sure if that is still the case but i wanted to see the new monacos before i pull the trigger but at this rate, a discount would be the msrp a few years ago

Welcome along.

I know in the UK it’s 50% off, but that might only be with the brand you work with. Something to look into Gene!

IMG_1216.jpeg Hi everyone, recent joiner to the forum. Watches have never been something that I’ve thought much about, only worn cheap utilitarian/fashion type watches and more recently a smartwatch. I was approaching a milestone birthday around 3 years ago and started to think I wanted to explore getting a proper watch. Nothing jumped out at me that I liked enough to want to spend proper watch money on (admittedly I didn’t do that much research). Then I randomly stumbled on a series of short films on TV about significant watches and the Monaco, which I was unaware of, was featured amongst them. I liked the story about its development but was very taken by how it looked. I decided if I were to get a watch, it would be that one, but the idea went on the back burner with that Covid thing that was going around recently, and that left me busy at work as I work for the NHS, child #2 came along too which didn’t help free up time or money. Then last week, I found myself in a watch shop and there was one in there, I tried it on and had to buy it. Love it. Have since been reading more about watches, looking at forums like this, YouTube rabbit holes etc. and thinking this watch thing could become a hobby!! Cheers everyone for the forum,
Steve

Welcome to the Forum Steve.
Great first watch.
Enjoy your time spent here.

Welcome to the best forum in the world Steve! A Monaco is a very awesome place to start your watch addiction, congrats

IMG_1216.jpeg Hi everyone, recent joiner to the forum. Watches have never been something that I’ve thought much about, only worn cheap utilitarian/fashion type watches and more recently a smartwatch. I was approaching a milestone birthday around 3 years ago and started to think I wanted to explore getting a proper watch. Nothing jumped out at me that I liked enough to want to spend proper watch money on (admittedly I didn’t do that much research). Then I randomly stumbled on a series of short films on TV about significant watches and the Monaco, which I was unaware of, was featured amongst them. I liked the story about its development but was very taken by how it looked. I decided if I were to get a watch, it would be that one, but the idea went on the back burner with that Covid thing that was going around recently, and that left me busy at work as I work for the NHS, child #2 came along too which didn’t help free up time or money. Then last week, I found myself in a watch shop and there was one in there, I tried it on and had to buy it. Love it. Have since been reading more about watches, looking at forums like this, YouTube rabbit holes etc. and thinking this watch thing could become a hobby!! Cheers everyone for the forum,
Steve
Congrats and welcome Steve. Appropriate first name for a McQueen owner. ;)
I've added you to our C11 McQueen owners' list: https://tagheuerforums.com/threads/...calibre-11-caw211p.23229/page-19#post-2187541

New to the forum! Purchased my first TAG Heuer in 2011. It was the Aquaracer Calibre 16. Sadly, I sold it to help purchase an engagement ring. I’m ready to purchase again and I thought I would start with those who know more than I do before my next purchase. Great to be here!!! I own this one now.

josh

EDED543B-DD06-47AB-B798-2AAD13F0BD57.jpeg
Edited:

New to the forum! Purchased my first TAG Heuer in 2011. It was the Aquaracer Calibre 16. Sadly, I sold it to help purchase an engagement ring. I’m ready to purchase again and I thought I would start with those who know more than I do before my next purchase. Great to be here!!! I own this one now.

josh

EDED543B-DD06-47AB-B798-2AAD13F0BD57.jpeg
Welcome to the forum Josh.
I am truly excited to be here and excited to learn so much about my favorite watches!

Dear Calibre 11 Forum Members,

Just signed up to the forum, and I have a very specific question/request. I'm trying to repair a 1970's Calibre Monza with a Calibre 12 movement, and I've run into an unexpected problem. I need a replacement Ratchet Wheel, part 415, to replace one chewed up by misalignment (bad earlier service). The part isn't hard to find, but the one I received from a reputable supplier turned out to have a slightly different diameter (10.9mm) than my original (10.8mm). Not a lot, but more than enough to jam up the whole manual/auto winding train.

Of course, this is not what one expects from one of Swiss horology's great and storied houses, but apparently something got changed somewhere during the manufacturing history of the movement. Given that Calibre 11 and 12 movements are always treated as interchangeable, I wonder if perhaps this might be one part that differs between them.

In any case, here's my ask. If anyone out there has or knows of a Part 415 Ratchet Wheel measuring at or close to 10.8mm available for sale, PLEASE CONTACT ME. I'm currently dead in the water on this repair until I can find such a part, and I would be deeply grateful for any assistance you could provide in getting one.

Many thanks in advance,

rosetwig