Welcome to the Calibre 11 TAG Heuer Forums

Thank you. Yes the 1887 movement is a please to wind, has more character and also the chrono pusher is smoother to press compare to Heuer 02.
Yes the 1887 is very superior to the H02

Seiko designs excellent movements :rolleyes:

They sure do! Just wish this whole in-house scam would get over itself already and we can have TAG purchasing the design of a good three hander movement they could replace the cal 5 with.

They sure do! Just wish this whole in-house scam would get over itself already and we can have TAG purchasing the design of a good three hander movement they could replace the cal 5 with.

I mean, all they have to do is put a bit of work into finishing the SW200. IWC, Breitling and many others have managed to do it at similar price points...

Hi, I just joined this forum. Hope can learn and share great things about Tag Heuer here. Below are my current collections... 20211120_095438.jpg
Welcome to the forum! Great collection, really liking the looks of your 160th Anniversary Carrera Sport "Dato". :thumbsup:

Hi, I just joined this forum. Hope can learn and share great things about Tag Heuer here. Below are my current collections... 20211120_095438.jpg
Nice collection and welcome to the nicest watch forum on the internet. :)

Yes, I like the Calibre 1887! TAG Heuer rightfully got the IP rights and improved on it. So what’s wrong with that? ;) It’s not that they stole it or hacked it.

It very similar to what happened to the A90/MkV/GR Supra which net trollers call a rebadged BMW. It’s BMW parts made by TOYOTA. The Calibre1887 is Seiko technology, parts which are now made by TAG Heuer & rightfully a TAG Heuer. If one knows watch history, all movements back then were the same, shared by different watch manufacturers. It’s such a shame this movement is not available anymore.. are there Calibre H01 watches still being sold by TAG Heuer?

And Yes welcome sir @CL1860 , I probably know what the 1860 is all about :thumbsup: Welcome to the HOME of TAG Heuer collectors & enthusiasts ::psy::

Yes, I like the Calibre 1887! TAG Heuer rightfully got the IP rights and improved on it. So what’s wrong with that?

Nothing except the way they tried to pass it off as an in-house design.

Mainly my post was more to point out that Seiko's design ended up being nicer than TAG's true in-house effort that was meant to succeed it.

Nothing except the way they tried to pass it off as an in-house design.

Mainly my post was more to point out that Seiko's design ended up being nicer than TAG's true in-house effort that was meant to succeed it.

Agree sir @abrod520 :thumbsup: TAG Heuer is a maverick in marketing but this time, the marketing / publicity team went over board. JC Babin even had to make a statement, apologize and clarify it. I can clearly remember those times since I’ve been a long fan of the brand and it was the start of my TAG Heuer watch journey back then ;)

Thanks for letting me join the forum.

Currently sporting a Red Bull racing Formula 1 and looking to add a 300m titanium Aquaracer to the stable.

I have a lot to learn!

Currently sporting a Red Bull racing Formula 1 and looking to add a 300m titanium Aquaracer to the stable.

I have a lot to learn!
Welcome to the forum! Let's see the RB watch!

I have a lot to learn!

Welcome, @Ryan Smith!

Welcome to the forum! Let's see the RB watch!

Ever since I had a new battery installed about a year ago I've noticed the red chrono needle won't line up at high noon, but oh well.

uc

I have a lot to learn!
Welcome Ryan!

Ever since I had a new battery installed about a year ago I've noticed the red chrono needle won't line up at high noon, but oh well.

uc
That can be adjusted on a quartz. Just use the chrono buttons with the crown pulled out.

That can be adjusted on a quartz. Just use the chrono buttons with the crown pulled out.
Thanks, never thought to look into that. all set. Pull out crown, push top and bottom buttons, use top button to set!

Already learning.

uc
Welcome, mine says hi

4FC9900A-3B07-4930-BEDE-2857BAA3E151.jpeg

Hi and many thanks for the forum and all folks / knowledge therein.
I've started already but will place my apology for being a bit of a bull in a china shop. I'm not very good at the subtle sensitive stuff so please forgive me in advance if i offend in any way. It is not my intention.
Meanwhile..... on with the show :thumbsup:

C6EDC790-80AB-4400-A338-D13B22808967.jpeg 1EF1C5F4-CE6D-4C2C-9C05-F9B8D2DDF692.jpeg 4F1D7396-496B-42DD-B944-465D882D26D6.jpeg Hello All,

Im David From Atlanta, Ga. USA.
Got my first TAG Heuer last year, A Link calibre 5.
Recently acquired a Red Bull edition Formula1 and a Carrera chronograph 42mm with the calibre Heuer 02.

Hi David
Welcome to the forum, finally a modern Link on the forum!