VINTAGE BULOVA Divers 666ft. ... the devil diver ...

Very interesting choice for indexes... Do they have lume underneath ?

Very interesting choice for indexes... Do they have lume underneath ?

yes ... the LUME was placed underneath the Baton [posts] ... causing the entire marker to glow when it was new

My vote went to the Surf Board Chrono...

I would be inclined to say .... that they might re issue all 3 models .... .... their re issue of the so called MOON watch was done in quartz .... I hope they do these in mechanical Automatic this time ....
Edited:

I prefer the 60's version - mine is from 1963...

But if they do a decent job on the re-issue I might consider it.

Cheers, Al

if the re issues are done in quartz .... it would be a NO BUY for myself

I would be down for a Devil Diver myself. Love the looks of the no date. Missed a good example offered here a while back, but I do own a beat up version of the Caravelle. I love it, someday should find an example that isn’t so beat - but maybe it would no longer be as cool?

0CF35A55-2DC6-4B54-AC4B-E278A22F3229.jpeg

I jumped on a buy-it-now Bulova 666 chrono a few weeks ago on US eBay and it just landed here in Germany. It was clear from the sellers pics it was going to be problematical, but I think it isn't as bad as it could have been and it was only €100 so it didn't break the bank.

Anyway, now it's here I wondered if it's worth the cost to get it fixed. I actually quite like the dial, but I think it's fair to say that it's damaged rather than tropical. There's been a leak by the crown / pushers as there's rust on the movement, but I have a 7733 donor so I reckon I could get it fixed and serviced for around €250-300, so €350-400 all in. Do you guys think it's worth the effort ? And is there any love here for this knackered dial, or should I try and go find a good condition or NOS one to replace it ?

image.jpg

image.jpg
Edited:

Do you guys think it's worth the effort ?
I love the dial and think if you can get it going all in around $500 you have yourself a pretty awesome piece. I wouldn’t do a dial swap or bezel swap, leave it all original (minus the rust on the movement). When it’s done, post pictures. If you hate it, I call preemptive dibs.

I jumped on a buy-it-now Bulova 666 chrono a few weeks ago on US eBay and it just landed here in Germany. It was clear from the sellers pics it was going to be problematical, but I think it isn't as bad as it could have been and it was only €100 so it didn't break the bank.

Anyway, now it's here I wondered if it's worth the cost to get it fixed. I actually quite like the dial, but I think it's fair to say that it's damaged rather than tropical. There's been a leak by the crown / pushers as there's rust on the movement, but I have a 7733 donor so I reckon I could get it fixed and serviced for around €250-300, so €350-400 all in. Do you guys think it's worth the effort ? And is there any love here for this knackered dial, or should I try and go find a good condition or NOS one to replace it ?

image.jpg

image.jpg

Valjoux 7733 ... a great workhorse of a movement ... also the handset in ur watch is correct for the piece

I would be down for a Devil Diver myself. Love the looks of the no date. Missed a good example offered here a while back, but I do own a beat up version of the Caravelle. I love it, someday should find an example that isn’t so beat - but maybe it would no longer be as cool?

0CF35A55-2DC6-4B54-AC4B-E278A22F3229.jpeg

Mine’s fading to chocolate very nicely

51079DC4-03E4-4931-943D-967CEA9A25BA.jpeg

But yours has the lolipop

I have always liked my lowly piece which I confess was purchased on a well known auction site in the early hours of the morning after a somewhat sociable evening with friends ::facepalm2::

fullsizeoutput_7fbd.jpeg

and then there were these things... from 1980, at least it has a cool depth gauge, sorta makes up for it being quartz!

that and it was real cheap, NOS, from a retired Bulova dealer.

P1010041.JPG