Trade Omega for Tudor - crazy?!

I’ve really been going back and forth on trading my Bond Seamaster 2531.80 towards a Pelagos. Everything in me says it makes no sense to trade a nice example of a classic discontinued watch, for one that I can pick up used no problem any day of the week. BUT, something about the Pelagos just clicks for me. I love tool watches and it’s the quintessential tool watch.

I say get the watch you’ll enjoy more. I traded my Tudor sub 7928 for a vintage SM300 and could not be happier.

Well crazy.......of course it is, but all of us watch enthusiasts are, so if it makes you happy go for it, just don't try and explain it to normal rational folk like non watch enthusiasts!

I have 2 Omegas, a 2531.80 and Quartz AT plus Tudor BB58 and Royal.
I really believe Tudor are on the rise as a company but I don't think there's a Tudor I'd swap my 2531.80 for, even the new coke GMT which is a stunner.
That's just me though

If I’m at odds with the Tudor 41 BB Heritage and Omega Speedmaster reduced, I just grab the Sea Dweller.

The trade comes down to personal preference but I sure do love my Pelagos. It has its flaws but as you said, it’s a pure tool watch. For this reason, I prefer the larger 42mm version.

Keep the Seamaster. I think the obvious answer is to save up and have both. :)

I’ve really been going back and forth on trading my Bond Seamaster 2531.80 towards a Pelagos. Everything in me says it makes no sense to trade a nice example of a classic discontinued watch, for one that I can pick up used no problem any day of the week. BUT, something about the Pelagos just clicks for me. I love tool watches and it’s the quintessential tool watch.
Get the watch you enjoy more for sure. Both are great pieces