TAG Heuer service experiences

Update: Friday, June 21, 2024.

(1) I sent my watch to the Service Center in New Jersey; the service request was inputed on their website on April 24, 2024 (and I sent it in the next day).

(2) It was received by TH in New Jersey on or about May 2, 2024 and they updated the service website to say "Diagnostic in Process."

(3) I haven't heard from them since May 2, 2024.

(4) I posted a message on the service page of the TH website that is apparently tied to my repair; and in that message I asked for an update (or any news) as to my repair. It is now June 21, 2024, and they have not responded to that post/message.

(5) So, today (June 21, 2024) I am sending them an email as well ... I will let you know if I ever hear from them again (as it has now been almost two-full months since I mailed my watch to them).

So I sent them an email on June 21, 2024; and I got a response on June 26, 2024 (5 days later). The response I got is as follows:

We apologize for the delay in our response. Unfortunately, due to the age of your timepiece, we no longer have the necessary parts to ensure water resistance of your timepiece after service. Understanding this, please confirm if you would like us to proceed in creating an estimate for your approval.

NOTE: The timing of their response makes me wonder if they did not look at my watch until they received my June 21, 2024 email.

Anyway, I wrote back to them on the same day asking:

I am not sure what that means. Does that mean you cannot fix it at all? Or does it only mean you can't make it water resistant? I would still like an estimate as to how much it will cost to fix my watch.

On June 27, 2024 I recevied the following response:

Thank you for your response. We will proceed with providing you an estimate for the internal movement repair of your timepiece. Please note that, due to the age of the timepiece, we can no longer guarantee its water resistance after the repair.

So, apparently it can be fixed (for a price/cost that is yet to be determined). However, it will no longer be water resistant (which is unfortunate).

They received it on May 2 and on June 27 they don't even quote you the service price :rolleyes: in a couple of weeks once they give you a price, I wonder how long it will be before they start the actual work

Their sister company Zenith has a better turnaround time, my El Primero was dropped off at the AD May 18th and just got the mail it's back from service. No quote before servicing but that's because services are free of charge for 50 years, maybe they also prioritize such watches.

services are free of charge for 50 years

man-with-eyes-glass-shocked-meme-angry-face-sb2a6tifl9q5a1hf.gif

(Yes, it's a typo)

man-with-eyes-glass-shocked-meme-angry-face-sb2a6tifl9q5a1hf.gif

(Yes, it's a typo)
Nope, no typo, watch also included an invitation to the 100 year EP anniversary party in 2069.

Nope, no typo, watch also included an invitation to the 100 year EP anniversary party in 2069.

Oh, wow. This was for the A384/A386 revivals? I was going by their already excellent free first service (which is within the first 5 years, I believe).

I wonder: if you damage it, and pay to have it repaired - will they continue the free services from then on?

Oh, wow. This was for the A384/A386 revivals? I was going by their already excellent free first service (which is within the first 5 years, I believe).
Iirc a free first service is when watch is purchased in the e-boutique/factory. The A386 50th anniversaries and G381 Hodinkee were sold with 50 years warranty and services.

I wonder: if you damage it, and pay to have it repaired - will they continue the free services from then on?

I don't want to know as that repair itself could be costly.

14e22afb-86c8-4713-942b-488d15c47ea9-1_all_386.jpg

That is freakin awesome dude

So, I finally got the estimate for repair on June 28, 2024.

I took some time to think about it and look into a few things, and finally called them today (July 16, 2024) about the estimate. After talking to them, I went ahead and paid for the repairs to be completed (paid on July 16, 2024).

It will be interesting to see how long they take to start working on it, complete it, and then send it back to me.

In the end, I am willing to spot them some time as I waited 2.5 weeks from June 28 to July 16 to pull the trigger on the repair.

Good news: I got an email this morning (July 18, 2024) saying that they had received the necessary parts, and that the repair of my watch had begun.

Bad News: They anticipate the end of the repair to be between September 9 and 13, 2024 (or 2-months from now).

PS - If there estimate is correct, and I get my watch back in the mail about a week after September 13, 2024 (on or about September 20, 2024) ... it will have been 5 months since I mailed it to them!!

Good news: I got an email this morning (July 18, 2024) saying that they had received the necessary parts, and that the repair of my watch had begun.

Bad News: They anticipate the end of the repair to be between September 9 and 13, 2024 (or 2-months from now).

PS - If there estimate is correct, and I get my watch back in the mail about a week after September 13, 2024 (on or about September 20, 2024) ... it will have been 5 months since I mailed it to them!!
Wow, either they're really backed up, or they're taking a lot of time off this summer. My wife's watch took only one month after parts arrived.

Maybe just really pessimistic with estimates?
That's what I was hoping when I received my initial estimates, but the watch wasn't complete until the start of their "done by" estimate. No idea, though, if it just took that long or they sat on it until they got to their estimate.

TH UK official service in Manchester, UK, sent watches for full service in April. Received message end of June that watches are ready, few days later they lost it during delivery. More than a month already, Customer Service is almost non-existing, weeks of silence, then coming with few details, promissing to contact next day and again weeks of silence. Don't see any reason to own TH in UK anymore, they spend millions on advertisment and when single person purchased their timepiece they are loosing that person and his family and friends as customers just because Customer Service doesnt want to do their job.

Unfortunatelly can't comment on quality of full service, but believe it is as bad as their Customer Service.

UK, sent watches for full service in April. Received message end of June that watches are ready, few days later they lost it during delivery
Very sorry to hear about this. What were the watches stolen by the delivery company?

Very sorry to hear about this. What were the watches stolen by the delivery company?
Carrera Calibre 5 Automatic, the one they've been replacing first Connected.

Carrera Calibre 5 Automatic, the one they've been replacing first Connected.
To quote the famous Eric Cartman: donkey boner!

Keep us posted on how/if TAG Heuer solves this for you.

To quote the famous Eric Cartman: donkey boner!

Keep us posted on how/if TAG Heuer solves this for you.
Unfortunately TH Customer Service is useless. They are saying returning money is against their policies, pushing me towards buying watches from them (which is obviously not an option any more with that attitude toward clients). The closest similar watches by characteristic (caliber, material used, not even mentioning design) are ~2 times more expensive. I can buy them 20% cheaper from other TH distributors, but TH is not willing to price match.

Calling to TH CS is also pain - they are asking who is calling first, then checking whether representative wants/ready to talk and only after that putting you through.

There is clearly problem in how TH model working in UK. If Rob Diver is reading that forum - I would advise to look into reasons why TH UK is well known for the worst customer service across all other regions.