TAG Heuer 3000 quartz ref. 232.206...

Hello everyone. I apologize in advance for my English.
I need to change the caliber of my Tag Heuer ref. 232.206 as it doesn't work. I only need to change the ETA caliber (the chronograph caliber works). I read here on the forum that the equivalent of the ESA caliber 555.232 is the ETA 955.232. Searching on ebay I found this listing: https://www.ebay.it/itm/NOS-ETA-Mov...ografo-Modulo-Quarzo-Cal-955-232/184093673188
But I have a doubt: the data disc seems too small, right?

Hello everyone. I apologize in advance for my English.
I need to change the caliber of my Tag Heuer ref. 232.206 as it doesn't work.

Hey @Milwaukee, did you ever get this figured out? I just tracked down one of these that needs a service as well but it seems they are extremely difficult to find parts for.

Hey @Milwaukee, did you ever get this figured out? I just tracked down one of these that needs a service as well but it seems they are extremely difficult to find parts for.
OP hasn't been seen in 3+ years, safe to say you won't get any answer from him

May I ask what is broken?

I have 2x 2000 and 2x 3000 with this movement. 1 of them is malfunctioning. Chrono button does not function. I'm going to my watchmaker soon. He has experience with these timepieces. To my knowledge, there may be parts can still be found. I will keep you informed.
IMG_7868.png

My time doesn’t set reliably. It feels like the teeth aren’t catching all the way when turning the crown. Once I do get the time set it loses time immediately.

The seconds subdial, chrono, date wheel all appear to be working however. I’m hoping it’s a relatively easy fix as I hear it’s nearly impossible to find parts like the circuit as they were specific to this watch.

I’ve heard a good solution is to source a functioning 2000 or 3000 chrono (both use the dd2000 movement) as a donor watch. I’ve just sent mine to a watchmaker yesterday, will update what I hear from him.

I considered returning to the seller (who claimed the watch was “100%” functioning) but I’ve been chasing “the die hard watch” for a while and these don’t come up often!
Edited:

My time doesn’t set reliably. It feels like the teeth aren’t catching all the way when turning the crown. Once I do get the time set it loses time immediately.

The seconds subdial, chrono, date wheel all appear to be working however. I’m hoping it’s a relatively easy fix as I hear it’s nearly impossible to find parts like the circuit as they were specific to this watch.

I’ve heard a good solution is to source a functioning 2000 or 3000 chrono (both use the dd2000 movement) as a donor watch. I’ve just sent mine to a watchmaker yesterday, will update what I hear from him.

I considered returning to the seller (who claimed the watch was “100%” functioning) but I’ve been chasing “the die hard watch” for a while and these don’t come up often!
That sounds serious. Donor may be an option. Fortunately, I have a potential candidate available. Good luck and I'd love to hear the outcome.