Surprise Cairelli Re-Edition 2016

This wasn't mentioned when the hammer price of the Zenith Cairelli at Phillipalooza was discussed, but you have to wonder.

This wasn't mentioned when the hammer price of the Zenith Cairelli at Phillipalooza was discussed, but you have to wonder.

Are you suggesting that maybe the manufacturer was the winning bidder? Drumming up interest and attracting attention in this soon to be released reissue?

Looks like I'm suggesting it even if you weren't! ::stirthepot::

I'm still trying to find more pictures and info about this. I just saw on instagram:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BFzI7HxKrFJ/
13298232_1698863430375380_2049505190_n.jpg

Not bad at all, but wot da heck did Zenith do with the star? Is it applied metal now? Points off if it is.

Are you suggesting that maybe the manufacturer was the winning bidder? Drumming up interest and attracting attention in this soon to be released reissue?

Looks like I'm suggesting it even if you weren't! ::stirthepot::

I was just considering the general hype of a heritage-type release and consequent heightening of interest in the original piece. I don't think Zenith has ever had that kind of marketing savvy.

I was just considering the general hype of a heritage-type release and consequent heightening of interest in the original piece. I don't think Zenith has ever had that kind of marketing savvy.
Under JCB it is highly possible ;)

interesting. It doesn't have a date.

I'm still looking for a pictures of the back :)

Have to agree the 2 registers are too close together on the re-edition, although if you leave it on it's side on marble kitchen surface it does look good.;)

Ahem, this thread never got some updates. Has any of you seen details/specs or anything resembling an announcement? By the looks of it, it will be the Zenith pre-Basel teaser during SIHH2017 week?

interesting. It doesn't have a date.

I'm still looking for a pictures of the back :)

Hodinkee put some up

Ahem, this thread never got some updates. Has any of you seen details/specs or anything resembling an announcement? By the looks of it, it will be the Zenith pre-Basel teaser during SIHH2017 week?
The watch is in the shop for sale (at least in Europe). To answer an earlier question: Although it says "Chronometro" on the back this seems a reminiscence only; the watch is not COSC.