Serial numbers

hi been looking at a watch on eBay. I sent a message to the seller asking for the numbers on the back of the watch. She replied with EEK1977 and WAF 1410. Am I right in thinking the eek number is wrong? She seems very genuine (but don't they all). Been bitten by the bug now lol got brought a tag for Christmas and I love it, I know I'm never going to have any savings left lol

hi been looking at a watch on eBay. I sent a message to the seller asking for the numbers on the back of the watch. She replied with EEK1977 and WAF 1410. Am I right in thinking the eek number is wrong? She seems very genuine (but don't they all). Been bitten by the bug now lol got brought a tag for Christmas and I love it, I know I'm never going to have any savings left lol

The reference is WAF1410, which is this watch here, a 27mm Aquaracer Lady.
waf1410.ba0823_front.jpg

Is this the watch that you're looking at? One way of telling fake/ replica watches is that they use the wrong reference codes.

Hi it has that model number but the serial number looks wrong. I read on tag heuer site that it has two letters with four numbers but the older tags can have six numbers. She says she brought it in 2009
The reference is WAF1410, which is this watch here, a 27mm Aquaracer Lady.
waf1410.ba0823_front.jpg

Is this the watch that you're looking at? One way of telling fake/ replica watches is that they use the wrong reference codes.

The references numbers did change- but in 1992/3. As you can see in this Catalogue, they provided a reconciliation list of old-new
19923-101.jpg

The EE number you gave is definitely not a reference number, and TAG Heuer numbers haven't changed since 2009.

Do you have a photo of the watch? There is only one WAF1410 and it's the one posted above, so something doesn't sound right.

Yes it's on eBay uk item number 281551021420.

That's the right watch- a 27mm Aquaracer Lady. Photos aren't good enough to know for sure that its genuine, but the reference number is what its supposed to be.

The ref number waf1410 is not in question its the serial number eek1977 I thought it was supposed to have two letters not three.

The ref number waf1410 is not in question its the serial number eek1977 I thought it was supposed to have two letters not three.

Here is a genuine Aquaracer 500m Black from 2010 (around the time of the watch you're looking at)- its serial is EWY0223
1a050ddd0d644f448ce7a8f6de8002c9-1000x1000.jpg

Omg so on tag heuer .com where it tells you about serial numbers having two numbers this is not always the case. Mmmmmm got a lot to learn

Omg so on tag heuer .com where it tells you about serial numbers having two numbers this is not always the case. Mmmmmm got a lot to learn

Have to say that I don't know what their serial number policy is, but it does seem to vary. For example, I have the Carrera Calibre 17 boutique edition from late 2013 that has no letters in the serial number- just seven numbers.

To be fair it did say that some serial numbers could just be numbers or two letters and four or six numbers. But it didn't say that you could have three letters with four numbers. That's why I thought it was fake lol

Talking about Serial Numbers, I have one Carrera Chrono ERE7833 I went to Trust.com and it came back with this message:
"Unfortunately, the serial number you entered was not returned. Please try again and ensure you have entered the serial number correctly."
Was google some info and came up with this page...scary stuff. http://www.bestfakeswatches.com/tag-heuer-replica-tag-heuer/

Do you another page of info about where can I verify this Serial Number?
Thanks

Talking about Serial Numbers, I have one Carrera Chrono ERE7833 I went to Trust.com and it came back with this message:
"Unfortunately, the serial number you entered was not returned. Please try again and ensure you have entered the serial number correctly."
Was google some info and came up with this page...scary stuff. http://www.bestfakeswatches.com/tag-heuer-replica-tag-heuer/

Do you another page of info about where can I verify this Serial Number?
Thanks

I note that they do not show the back of the watch in the case of my AQUARACER WAB2011.0803. The real "tell all" is the dive helmut on the back and the laser etchings around the back plate. But, you are right, the replicas are scary.

I don't see anything wrong here. Note that Trusted only list serial numbers from watches bought in the USA...so just because a watch doesn't appear in their database does not automatically mean that its not genuine