Question for the experts A386 related

Greetings all - my questions relates to the hour markers on the A386 and if they are the same as those on the A385 and other El Primero's of that era.
For the sharper among us the reason for my question may be quite obvious.
Thanks and regards
Paul
www.heuerworld.com

Well done paulg at that money you cant go wrong. As far as I can tell the a385 an a386 markers are compatible, but I would like to have the two in my hands to compare, but there are some members here that have the two watches so hang on.

Paul,

I gather you got the Spanish A 386 discussed here? http://www.ebay.com/itm/ZENITH-EL-P...D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Had I answered your question off the cuff I would have said yes, they are the same, but looking that the models side by side, I don't think they are. The A 384 and A 385 are the same, but the A 386 markers, although identically shaped, appear to be shorter and bit narrower. I haven't got any uncased A 386 dials to verify that, but it really looks that way to me. The A 3817 markers are markedly shorter, and the marekrs from other references are different.

This website may earn commission from Ebay sales.
Hi Lou, yes I am the guilty one however the item in question has still not arrived so no details as yet. More than 2 weeks wait is rather poor form I would say. Thanks for all the replies including the masked bandit who makes me smile, always.
Hope you like the E - C.
regards to all and pictures to follow some time soon I hope
Paul
www.heuerworld.com