Overpriced, Overlumed, Overpolished Primero G581

If you accept that some of these changes were made when watches came in for service, your "original" might just mean "unserviced" in this case!
I dont know what you mean abought unserviced, many a watch go for a service clean and fresh oil change and have all their original parts put back

Hey,BGBG - just for fun let's disagree about whether or not the toilet paper should be 'over' or 'under'.

If there were parts upgrades available, most watchmakers will do them during service. I can't speak for Zenith, but I know Omega mandated certain upgrades to their Piguet based chronographs at their first service to bring them up to date with the newer & more reliable versions.

Hey,BGBG - just for fun let's disagree about whether or not the toilet paper should be 'over' or 'under'.

If there were parts upgrades available, most watchmakers will do them during service. I can't speak for Zenith, but I know Omega mandated certain upgrades to their Piguet based chronographs at their first service to bring them up to date with the newer & more reliable versions.
Hi ulackfocus Yes zenith will also do this unless authorised not to i still dont like it in a old watch for the parts to be swaped out unless it a main spring , blance spring that need replacing but many a watch is not sent to zenith but to local fully qualified watchmaker for a clean, fresh oil , and adjusting.

Many a Rolex "Double Red Sea Dweller" went in for factory service and came back with a plain old non-red factory service dial. You can argue about whether the watch is "original" or "factory" or what ever all you want. This is a worthless argument and is the bane of our online existence. The FACT is that the watch is worth much less because of this factory switch whether it is still original or not.

Some of these factory alterations make less of a difference than a dial switch but they are still switches which effect value. I think Lou started this conversation basically about value.

JohnCote

AAA yes the cavalry has arived:thumbsup:
Many a Rolex "Double Red Sea Dweller" went in for factory service and came back with a plain old non-red factory service dial. You can argue about whether the watch is "original" or "factory" or what ever all you want. This is a worthless argument and is the bane of our online existence. The FACT is that the watch is worth much less because of this factory switch whether it is still original or not.

Some of these factory alterations make less of a difference than a dial switch but they are still switches which effect value. I think Lou started this conversation basically about value.

JohnCote