Opinions wanted please..

How off putting is flat A386 case back with no serial number..inside has all the correct stampings of the type II variety
your opinions are most welcome
thanks,
David

8910a7b292c9bb2dcdd8f09f22e82056.jpg

Sorry, probably could have told you without the pic. It bugs me not having a case number. It's a unique identifier that's lost forever. I have one or two otherwise nice watches with polished-off numbers and they irritate me.

Sorry, probably could have told you without the pic. It bugs me not having a case number. It's a unique identifier that's lost forever. I have one or two otherwise nice watches with polished-off numbers and they irritate me.

FIA.jpg

It would be nice to have all or any numbers on the back but I will tell to what, if the dial, hands, case, movement all check out I think that should be reassuring enough to go for a potential buy . I have bought watches with no numbers on the the case back but on closer examination in a certain light some times you can faintly pick them out with a eye loop.

This is a watch that I own, beautiful movement, dial has great patina, hands are old but nice patina as well..
i have looked with both 3 and 10 power loupe...no signs of numbers..

Well, it's not as nice as having one with a number but not necessarily a deal breaker. The concern that may be specific to A 386s has to do with that forged batch. Someone might worry that a numberless one represents one of those with the incriminating number removed. There are other tells, however, so assuming everything else checks out, it ought not to be a huge turn off.

This is a watch that I own, beautiful movement, dial has great patina, hands are old but nice patina as well..
i have looked with both 3 and 10 power loupe...no signs of numbers..
Sounds good david your mark II A386 are getting hard to fine do you have a more pictures
BRIAN

Nice patina on some of the hands, dial and lume, it has a replacement tachymetre ring and crown, nice sunburst brush stain on the lugs very nice

And tonight, type C...
ecf48286e45d18d71033c8652b849546.jpg
Great looking watch. I do have a minor suggestion though. :rolleyes:
Unless you are living on a beach somewhere south of Phuket, loose the rest of the wrist crap:p

Great looking watch. I do have a minor suggestion though. :rolleyes:
Unless you are living on a beach somewhere south of Phuket, loose the rest of the wrist crap:p

A little harsh? Maybe, but I'll have to +1 that...it just doesn't look right :confused: with such a beautiful :thumbsup: watch!

A little harsh? Maybe, but I'll have to +1 that...it just doesn't look right :confused: with such a beautiful :thumbsup: watch!
a LITTLE harsh indeed! There is some significance to the so called wrist crap...the 3 monkeys bead is for my three monkeys (sons), and the colorful bracelet is a gift from my lovely bride. And yes, I live on the beach everyday, at least in my head I do!:D

a LITTLE harsh indeed! There is some significance to the so called wrist crap...the 3 monkeys bead is for my three monkeys (sons), and the colorful bracelet is a gift from my lovely bride. And yes, I live on the beach everyday, at least in my head I do!:D

It's a DeVos signature! I'd be lost without it.

Avantnoire, You are being teased, you're free to do what ever you want .:D