One of our aircraft is missing

When you have work to do, there is nothing like procrastinating by watching old movies. My favorite genre is period war movies, and I'll take something with submarines or the RAF in it, please. I was watching a 1942 picture called One of Our Aircraft is Missing (available for free on youtube), about a bomber crew helped to escape the occupied Netherlands by the plucky, freedom-loving Dutch. Can't recomend it - It's really a bit too hokey, but it has plenty of clipped RAF banter in plummy accents, unbelievably dense Nazis with very bad aim in what look like left-over WWI uniforms, valiant, earthy Dutchmen with actual wooden clogs, comically evil collaborators, etc. Of course, I always pay special attention to the "synchronize your watches" scene...

Zenith screenshot.JPG
Zenith screenshot2.JPG

Any one of you out there have one?

Right, a Zenith Weems...anybody have one?

No, but dammit, now I want one. I thought these only came in flavors like Longines, Omega and LeCoultre.

Just the thing to have if you are trying to escape from the Netherlands, apparently.

This was my favorite war movie when I was a kid. Also an escape flick made in 1942... with foreshadowing of Reagan's foreign policy... Desperate Journey.

Here's mine, one of my favorites:
IMG_0667.jpg

Here's mine, one of my favorites:
IMG_0667.jpg

Nice! If you are not familiar with the local dibs policy, it works like this: Dibs!

Wow, that IS nice. It's like a time capsule from 1942. Exact same reference! As if you had a Vickers Wellington bomber in your driveway....

What's in it and how large is it? It looks rather small

Thanks! Like most of the mil. watches of the period it is indeed small- 33mm; but it plays much bigger on the wrist given the bezel and bezel crown and thickness. I'm a sucker for these- I have the Longines and LeCoultre versions, and am always on the look out for the Movado and Omega for the complete set- and don't mind or think about the size; but it gets far less attention than some of my other- larger- watches.
I believe it has a cal. 106, with a lovely swan neck regulator, though I'll have to open it and check. The military engravings on the caseback are perhaps the watch's crowning glory. I'll try and post a photo.

The military engravings on the caseback are perhaps the watch's crowning glory. I'll try and post a photo.

Goldsmiths & Silversmiths?

So, this allowed for the benefits of a hacking second, by allowing the dial and bezel to be rotated?
Only the bezel for the weems.

The Weems had the rotating centre dial that could be rotated to align the second hand to 60 on a radio time signal.
The same function could also be accomplished by the rotating bezel.
I think there have been a few "Weems" variations, both with and without the centre dial and/or bezel.
thanks guys.

by the plucky, freedom-loving Dutch.
What the Dutch did during WWII is truly incredible. They stood up to the Nazi occupiers, and protected their Jewish citizens like nobody else.

Here's the caseback and another shot alongside two of its Weems' confederates.
photo-23_zps57143b1b.jpg
photo-22copy_zpsaf3418fe.jpg