One More A386

Hi what would be the price difference if the same watch had zenith replacement dial and hands???

I admit that I was getting into position...

Then make that four, on this forum alone. Man, I wonder how many other snipers were out there. :cautious:

Then make that four, on this forum alone. Man, I wonder how many other snipers were out there. :cautious:

4ac308ae.gif

Hi what would be the price difference if the same watch had zenith replacement dial and hands???

Hard to say, if you have two interested buyers.

Antiquorum A386

What is that, a Piaget Cal 50?
He's been known to give it the whole 9 yards.

See you and raise you (god, aren't we grownup) Omega Co-axial.
shooting.gif

I thought let's check with the seller himself, his answer:
"The watch has not been sold and I removed it from auction because there were 50 people interested but got not offers. Please tell me what is your offer for the watch?"
I'm out as I don't like to deal with such a seller, I'll leave it to the other snipers here if they want to take the gamble with him.
Keep me posted!

Hmm, no nato star, so does that mean its one of the put-together ones?
Looking at MMMD's earlier post it's a type B inner caseback so no nato star is good.

Looking at MMMD's earlier post it's a type B inner caseback so no nato star is good.
Ah ok, so its all what you would call legitimate then?

Ah ok, so its all what you would call legitimate then?
Far from being an expert. Can't
see the serial on the caseback from the pic. Will have to hear what Lou and MMMD have got to say.

The watch head looks legitimate to me... service crown, mild dial damage with some specks here and there and a bit of wear on the tachy ring at 3 o'clock, proper hands with missing lume in the sweep second paddle, some wear on the case but no evidence of major damage, movement and chrono bridge markings look OK... but the photos haven't improved, so fine details are still difficult to see. The sub dials look pretty good, and the blue one hasn't gone brownish. It would be nice to see (or even have a verbal report of) the case back number. Frequently these numbers are stamped (or worn) quite shallow and very difficult to photograph, but still legible. My question to the seller would be: is there a legible case back number, and if so, what is it? The first four characters would be enough. I don't think the watch is a Franken, but I would want to know whether the case back number is legible mainly for my own (purely personal) valuation purposes. I'm always irked when that number is polished off.

The seller has done a couple of things in the re-listing that might be a bit disingenuous... or a bit of gamesmanship... or purely innocent. ;)
1) He no longer shows the incorrect bracelet clasp that we saw on the prior listing.
2). Though he again shows us the incorrect GF end pieces (ZKM's belong on an angled tonneau case like the A385), the photos of the watch face in the new listing were taken with the watch on a leather band, or with no band. We are no longer able to see that the GF end pieces are ill-fitting on the front.

In sum, I think watch looks OK, bracelet and seller a little sketchy. The bracelet still has value in the $300 range, and I would want to be sure that it is still included in the sale, given the new photos of a black leather strap.

Nothing to add other than the bracelet/strap pics affair are too contrived not to be deliberate.

Get the case number...

I pushed it to $4,635 but couldn't go any higher due to the seller being so squirrely. He wouldn't ship to the US then decided he could in the last 2 hours then couldn't guarantee shipment. Onto the next one..