One From The Short List - Captain Pink

OK, MMMD is hitting on all six...I gotta play.

You Constellation DeLuxe guys have been getting to me.
This one is from position #4 on my Short List - a Captain Chronometer with fleche markers

xxDSC_0318_zps72d2cd4c.jpg

nicely domed dial to accomodate the Cal 71 within

xxDSC_0289_zpsf350a1be.jpg

Satisfying sculpted three dimensionality in the dial...

xxDSC_0235_zps817cc9bb.jpg

...which remains quite crisp despite all the details, and not too unbalanced by the date window (the matched pink gold tone date wheel is one of those nice Zenith touches)

xxDSC_0200_zps88c6b5da.jpg

Interestingly, the texture is reversed from MMMD's similar one http://omegaforums.net/threads/zenith-captain-chronometre-cal-133-8.2869/ - the center is brushed and the outer ring is mirror-finish.

xxDSC_0255_zps4619595b.jpg

Another Ephrem Jobin oeuvre inside, the Cal. 71

xxDSC_0397_zps64d9497f.jpg

and i can finally get past the velvet rope at Club Z

xxDSC_0338-001_zpsc3621054.jpg

stay tuned for the Short List update....

This is a very nice example of the top of the Captain line, and probably the nicest self-winding non-chronograph in the vintage Zenith universe (I'm still waiting to see the unicorn that is the 18k Urdefy, but I'm not holding my breath). The cal 71, Zenith's only bumper movement with date feature, is a rare and excellent motor, and these cases and dials are IMO the most beautiful Zenith has produced. Huge score. Dibs on the next one. :)

That's a sweet watch. Gotta remember to bring my gold dialed Conquest and De Luxe to snap a picture with your Captain at the next GTG.

Mmm, not sure Lou, but aren't you over the maxium number of Zeniths permitted by the new Bloomberg regulations?:unsure:

Nice addition! Bet it looks even better in real life. :thumbsup:

Is it top of the line in Zenith Captain collection Lou?

It is the at the top of the Captain pyramid, and in its time probably at the top of the Zenith product line until the Port Royal came along.

... Dibs on the next one. :)

Sorry, already violated that :D - images coming. You got dibs on the one after that....

Mmm, not sure Lou, but aren't you over the maxium number of Zeniths permitted by the new Bloomberg regulations?:unsure:

No - I spoke to MIke B, and he's gonna put in special Zenith lanes on the streets.

Nice addition! Bet it looks even better in real life. :thumbsup:

You know, it does.....::love::

...Sorry, already violated that :D - images coming. You got dibs on the one after that....:

Whaaaaaa?! Did I blink?

Whaaaaaa?! Did I blink?

You blinked, brother, you blinked.....;)