Omega Stories: Why I Wrote 100 Articles Before Covering The Speedmaster

While my focus will still be on lesser known Omega’s, watches that represent great value, and watches that are just plain weird and quirky, I will always be a Speedmaster fan and will write about them from time to time moving forward. [..]

Visit Why I Wrote 100 Articles Before Covering The Speedmaster to read the full article.

I was wondering...

To your conclusion, I might add,

"Whether within the world of Omega watches or in another brand you can find the perfect watch for you at the right price if you take your time, educate yourself and jump on the right piece in the right condition at the right time." Have fun along the way. And the best place to have fun and learn is right here on the forum.
Edited:

I was wondering...

To your conclusion, I might add,

"Whether within the world of Omega watches or in another brand you can find the perfect watch for you at the right price if you take your time, educate yourself and jump on the right piece in the right condition at the right time." Have fun along the way. And the best place to have fun and learn is right here on the forum.
True, just been a bit of patience from everyone, both veteran members and new members when they get here :thumbsup:

Excellent piece, Ash. Well done!

Let’s not forget Ashley’s wonderful reviews of women’s watches - highlighting the forum’s commitment to encourage female participation. :thumbsup:

Loved this article, and your comment:

"The reality is that taste and quality matter more than anything. I would be genuinely impressed by a young person wearing a $300 Omega Calibre 601 Geneve, or a $600 Seamaster De Ville 166.020"

really resonated with me as I often get the feeling with fellow collectors that they get caught up in the idea of what they should own instead of what they want to own.

I've said it before but I'll say it again: the USP of Omega is its variety and understated class... The Speedmaster epitomises both these things in equal measure but it's just one example amongst many within the Omega catalog... there's so much more out there...

Muy buen articulo.
Sin duda el speedmaster es el reloj mas coleccionable

Thoroughly enjoyed the trip down Omega memory lane, that could serve as a primer for many embarking on this "path" (humor intended). At the end of this enlightening article I was amused by the images of laughable redials. Here are a few that I encountered just recently that I thought you might like to add to your collection: dial delirium 01.jpg dial delirium 02.jpg movement madness 01.jpg