Omega Stories: The Religious Cult Leader’s Seamaster

I can't believe that you didn't mention the amount of rubber you left on the street as you floored the Beemer and left umbrella man in a cloud of smoke!

:D

...Probably with all the Hollywood celebrity types moving there its just going to get progressively weirder over time. Its not cheap either, the ladies selling you eye of newt and Reiki smudging sticks are driving AMG G63s and Lamborghini Urus’s so its some properly bourgeois witchcraft going on.

Sounds like good hunting spot for used Panerai and Rolex ;)

(Remember, it's not using if you don't inhale. And keep the engine running...)

Sounds like good hunting spot for used Panerai and Rolex ;)

(Remember, it's not using if you don't inhale. And keep the engine running...)
Omegas too, there’s a story about a mate’s dad who had a really cool vintage Omega, he and his mum were from there but the dad was a drummer in a band always on tour and sort of had kids all up and down the east coast. I’ll probably get around to writing that one up eventually.

As I was looking at the watch Michael started talking to me about his group and their mission, how they feel that drugs are an affliction of the soul and how his group is preparing for the end times and a variety of other things about his outreach programs which I was nodding along to but not paying a great deal of attention to. I didn’t mind any of this until hearing him mention that “I should stay” and have a chat to him about these various interests of his which left me immediately itching to leave. [..]

Visit The Religious Cult Leader’s Seamaster to read the full article.
Thanks for sharing

Great stories and I wish there was a dedicated forum section on watch stories as we have loads of them, including a cult-related story of the Manson clan and our Omega Seamaster 30!

Great stories and I wish there was a dedicated forum section on watch stories as we have loads of them, including a cult-related story of the Manson clan and our Omega Seamaster 30!
PM sent mate

I thought everyone was going to commit suicide at the end to catch a comet. I like the illustrations as I can’t draw and just appreciate the talent but whatever makes things flow easier is cool by me.

Wow. I was mentally walking out of that house by the time you reached the TV room. Glad you didn’t show up stoned. Then it would have been really awkward.

Great story, would that be in Brisbane by any chance. Sounds like either Spring Hill or Paddington?

Yea I hadn’t even considered the hippie communes, down around Nimbin / Byron Bay there are so many of those, lots of witchcraft / magic true believers too, voodoo doctors and all sorts. Lots of reefer too. Probably with all the Hollywood celebrity types moving there it's just going to get progressively weirder over time. Its not cheap either, the ladies selling you eye of newt and Reiki smudging sticks are driving AMG G63s and Lamborghini Urus’s so its some properly bourgeois witchcraft going on.

True story, my brother got engaged and married about 9 years ago and when I first met his fiancé from NSW, I said to my sister, "wow, she's a witch". My sister said "that's not very nice" and I said "No she's a witch".

Turns out she was ex-communicated from her original coven for over the top practices. I don't know how I knew, but the marriage barely lasted two years.

Nope, that’s actually where this somewhat mediocre Seamaster came from, an ad in a local newspaper that led there. I’ve never bought any of my personal collection from dealers with the exception of the Speedy Tuesdays and Apollo 8 LE, they’ve all been either eBay or watches I had to hunt down locally or overseas some way or another. The most rare and unusual watches often come with some unusual stories but even the boring watches like this one can have some odd origins. I get the impression the bloke I bought it off was junk dealing / picking in part to financially support his operation.

A44DCF8B-9539-4A09-B212-2BD0401D0588.jpeg
At least they didn't offer you red cordial.

Great story, would that be in Brisbane by any chance. Sounds like either Spring Hill or Paddington?
It’s one of the leafy undeveloped parts of Taringa, I still drive within a kilometre of the place every other week and often wonder if they’re still there but I’m not game check.

It’s one of the leafy undeveloped parts of Taringa, I still drive within a kilometre of the place every other week and often wonder if they’re still there but I’m not game check.
Yeah, I would probably avoid it as well.