Omega Stories: The Constellation Cal 712 Ultra-Thin 167.021 Chronometer

The Constellation 167.021 combines an elegant and timeless design with a superb ultra-thin chronometer rated automatic movement in a water resistant watch. Even better, this is a Constellation that isn’t in huge demand which can be purchased in mint condition for a very reasonable price. [..]

Visit The Constellation Cal 712 Ultra-Thin 167.021 Chronometer to read the full article.

Great post as usual :thumbsup:.

There's something to be said about building a Constellation collection based only on the 7 series of movements and there certainly would be a hell of a lot of different design cues to enjoy ranging from this reference which is likely one of the smallest Constellations through to something like the chunky integrated bracelet 368.0845 and everything in between.

I'm afraid I'm also one of those who has never bought into owning a 167.021, i think more due to the 33mm case size than anything else.

Mine was an impulse purchase and I enjoyed it for quite a while, but in the end it didn't stick. I tried to convince my wife to take it as I thought the size would be perfect for her but she said the dial was too busy.

IMG_8447 3 Kopie.jpg

Mine was an impulse purchase and I enjoyed it for quite a while, but in the end it didn't stick. I tried to convince my wife to take it as I thought the size would be perfect for her but she said the dial was too busy.

IMG_8447 3 Kopie.jpg

still have it?

Closer has a gold capped one but it's in serious need of a service, though it's defo reflected in the price. Hmmm, still, with so many Omega, the Citizen Para Water I've had my eye on is super tempting

Thanks to @dsio 's article, I had to try one in the metal. The easiest opportunity for me turned out to be bidding on one ... and winning it. Now that it is on my wrist, I do experience what the article suggests; this piece has much more wrist presence than one would expect given the modest diameter. I am a fan. :)

IMG_2463.jpeg

(Yup, PolyWatch still required)

Thanks to @dsio 's article, I had to try one in the metal. The easiest opportunity for me turned out to be bidding on one ... and winning it. Now that it is on my wrist, I do experience what the article suggests; this piece has much more wrist presence than one would expect given the modest diameter. I am a fan. :)

IMG_2463.jpeg

(Yup, PolyWatch still required)
Congrats mate nice pickup!

I still have one on my wishlist with an original crystal that looks pretty ugly. I keep debating between this and the dynamic iiii chrono.

I still have one on my wishlist with an original crystal that looks pretty ugly. I keep debating between this and the dynamic iiii chrono.

One i too many?

They aren’t normally cross shopped but IMO of those 2 get the skinny Connie. The D3 chrono is disappointing. It has all the downsides of the Speedy reduced, out of line pushers, thicker case and servicing complications with only some of the charm of the D3 3 hander.

One i too many?

They aren’t normally cross shopped but IMO of those 2 get the skinny Connie. The D3 chrono is disappointing. It has all the downsides of the Speedy reduced, out of line pushers, thicker case and servicing complications with only some of the charm of the D3 3 hander.

The $900 omega swap only service seems a bit much too. I didn't realize, but I should have since it's an add-on module, that the pushers would be out of line with the crown. I like the dial design I suppose. I have to read more on the reduced I guess.

The $900 omega swap only service seems a bit much too. I didn't realize, but I should have since it's an add-on module, that the pushers would be out of line with the crown. I like the dial design I suppose. I have to read more on the reduced I guess.

Apologies Ash for dragging this off on an irrelevant tangent, I’ll stay on topic after this…

If you like the D3 dial, and many of us do, you should think seriously about the 3 harder. I have one and wouldn't part with it. It has a lot of the utilitarian businesslike charm of the 40s and 50s Omegas military watches but using modern materials and a quirky dial different enough to be interesting. I think there is one for sale on here now at a price that seems pretty fair. I have no affiliation to the seller though!
Edited:

Apologies Ash for dragging this off on an irrelevant tangent, I’ll stay on topic after this…

If you like the D3 dial, and many of us do, you should think seriously about the 3 harder. I have one and wouldn't part with it. It has a lot of the utilitarian businesslike charm of the 40s and 50s Omegas military watches but using modern materials and a quirky dial different enough to be interesting. I think there is one for sale on here now at a price that seems pretty fair. I have no affiliation to the seller though!
All good mate I don’t mind people bumping these threads as it sometimes means a couple of extra views on the esoteric watches I like :)

Ash should be used to me over bumping post with irrelevant replies by now, I've been here almost a year now! Lol

I do appreciate the feedback. And yes I saw the 3-hander but why the hell does it have to have a date? I'm trying to strike them from my collection in general.

These Ulta thins are super sexy. Time to hit up closer.

I am getting more used to gold watches these days...might have to do with the age ;)