Omega Argentina 150th anniversary

Hello,

I am from Argentina, I want to buy this watch from a watchmaker here. He says is a special edition of 100 pieces only. 40 made in steel and 60 made in gold.
I couldn’t find any information about it online.
That is why I come to all of you to ask if anyone can tell me if flag in the dial is legit or it was painted aftermarket.
Thank you very much!

9BFBA3EA-4DC9-483D-8143-9A052A81F711.jpeg E512EEB2-8E84-4F3C-8E7A-2736786FD828.jpeg 7DE7C18B-EBD3-4D46-A831-0EE4B6B59F72.jpeg 6A65A273-581C-4352-B3DB-F33A9ADF5451.jpeg

Flags and text were put on by a jeweler in Argentina. Omega did not do that kind of work, but lots of examples from that time period exist for middle eastern countries, college bowl games, etc.

These were not by Omega. So anything he says may or may not be true. No way to know. These aftermarket additions to dials rarely affect price.

I am the owner of the 2nd watch above. I have now encountered a third example -- also steel. The archive extract for the one above simply said something like "special dial per customer request" and showed Buenos Aires delivery. I should have followed up -- and intend to do so now.

I am the owner of the 2nd watch above. I have now encountered a third example -- also steel. The archive extract for the one above simply said something like "special dial per customer request" and showed Buenos Aires delivery. I should have followed up -- and intend to do so now.

2DB44342-D67F-49E9-9501-DC908F40C782.jpeg

It would be interesting to know the date of the delivery of the watches - if it was in the latter half of the year (after June) they could well have been ordered but the junta (especially as Ongania is pictured wearing one).
However, we don't know that someone in the military didn't order them for the May celebrations and gave Ongania one then.

The vague wording on the EOA may be that Omega now don't wish to be be associated with a military dictator that modelled his ideas for a controlled society on Franco's regime in Spain.

It would be interesting to know the date of the delivery of the watches - if it was in the latter half of the year (after June) they could well have been ordered but the junta (especially as Ongania is pictured wearing one).
However, we don't know that someone in the military didn't order them for the May celebrations and gave Ongania one then.

The vague wording on the EOA may be that Omega now don't wish to be be associated with a military dictator that modelled his ideas for a controlled society on Franco's regime in Spain.
I was kidding about Ongania, although it does look a lot like a Seamaster with a classic black Omega strap!

I'll be reunited with the extract in about two weeks. I remember that there was nothing very remarkable about the information. I meant to follow up with the museum but never did.

I got the watch in NYC six years ago approx. It had the same strap as the one on the other watch above.

My guess is that these watches were intended for some long-forgotten event that, in the end, never happened because of the coup.

I'll pop into the museum next month and see what I can discover. I only rediscovered this thread today and learned of the second watch after -- and because -- I found another one myself. I wonder how many more are out there? 3 and counting!

Best, Hurley

I was kidding about Ongania, although it does look a lot like a Seamaster with a classic black Omega strap!
My first thought was that 'it has a black dial' - but I convinced myself that I could see a flag on the lower half go the dial....

Screenshot 2024-09-16 at 15.38.29.png