Now Guess What?

151288955080_1.jpg

151288955080 on ebay!!!!!

Will report on this when it arrives and the story as well!

Ah, the absurdly low EBay BIN - the ticket to joy that we all seek. Well done!

Nice! Was wondering how I missed this, and how it lasted 28 hours on eBay, then saw shipping only to Australia. If you really want to get as little as possible for your cal 135, don't call it a cal 135, and ship only to your home country.

(((Jealous)))

and, happy as heck for you!! :) :thumbsup:

i'd love to know the story for this bad boy.

Great catch Down-under!

I recently found this one on Auctionata. Does anyone recognize it?

Now I'm not quite sure what to do with it given its faults.

What would be the indications that it had left Le Locle (or wherever) as a Favre-Leuba rather than just a plain vanilla c.135?

I'd like to see the back of your watch ... is it signed F-L there also?

-Ez

Nothing wrong with this beauty. They are not usually signed FL on the rear of the case.
Nice acquisition!

Great catch Down-under!

I recently found this one on Auctionata. Does anyone recognize it?

Now I'm not quite sure what to do with it given its faults.

What would be the indications that it had left Le Locle (or wherever) as a Favre-Leuba rather than just a plain vanilla c.135?

The Auctionata watch is in desperate need of a replacement dial, like the eBay one posted above. If I were you, I would buy this immediately, if it's still available.

http://www.chrono24.com/en/zenith/d...---id2495650.htm?id=2495650&picnum=2&tab=pics

I don't know of any markings except those on the dial that would indicate whether the watch left the factory as a co-branded piece. And there are those who believe that there is no such thing as a plain vanilla cal 135. ;)

Hi The dial in the image looks ok to me. But if you want to replace it I have a NOS one also for sale. Send me a pm to discuss

I just want to make sure we're talking about the same dials, because to me the Auctionata dial is clearly repainted. Fonts and sizes are wrong, the seconds markers are sloppy, and the silver minute markers have just been drowned with white paint. The chrono24 dial looks legit to me.

Auctionata watch:

B9B0831A-6A8B-4C02-BE7F-D54DE64E55C0_zpstuwz2lgg.jpg

Chrono24 replacement dial:

5CD49187-F2E7-4559-92CB-6EC764B32361_zps0rlfg1yx.jpg

Your right I was being a bit glib and did not look closely. I do have a NOS for sale ( not repainted)

The Auctionata watch should not have been a surprise to me if I had been looking carefully. But, of course, I was all adrenaline and desire when I grabbed it in auction. I've seen many Americanizations of chronometre - I was blind to this one.

It turns out that this watch is (was) from the collection of watch book author Christian Pfeiffer-Belli and perhaps he wasn't looking carefully when he got it. Or maybe he was just happy to have a cal 135 too! :-)

Even more fun, this is the F-L watch that appears in Rossler on page (from memory here, so forgive me) 125 or 130 in the discussion of cal. 135. With a redial.

I was disappointed that the F-L box pictured in Rossler wasn't included in the auction.

I shall be chasing down a proper replacement and thank you very much for bringing the chrono24 one to my attention.

-Ez