Not All Zeniths Are Watches

Purpose? How in the name of John Harrison am I supposed to know where I am without this thing? Government satellites and smart phones? That's just the NSA telling me where they want me to think I am.::cautious::
But you're right, it's not worth squat without a sextant and some astronomical tables. And a boat... the horizon around here is too bumpy. Back to the 'Bay.

You bring the chronometer, I'll supply the boat. Where are we going anyway? How much hoagies and beer should we get Lou to buy?

You bring the chronometer, I'll supply the boat. Where are we going anyway? How much hoagies and beer should we get Lou to buy?
You know if you take that thing on a NYC watch tour it is illegal to bring along to a GPS so you can plot out Lou's favorite haunts. Watchmen, like fishermen don't like folks muscling in on there territory. :cautious:

As I understand it, they modified these automotive time pieces from 6 jewels (fine for a car that has the benefit of street signs to help determine longitude) to 15 jewels, to meet USN specifications.
One of those WWII "let's-beat-plowshares-into-swords" moments.
Im sorry, are you saying that cars used to actually have these sort of clocks in them!

Indeed. In the 40's, American cars had stewardesses and hot and cold running champagne. It was grand.

Indeed. In the 40's, American cars had stewardesses and hot and cold running champagne. It was grand.

And the buses downtown had girls on brass poles. ::jumpy::