New to Zenith. Case back legend question.

Hello all. I recently got a 03.2040.400/69.C494 Full set. All paperwork and serials match and the watch is in good condition. My only question is regarding the case back. This is the 42mm version that I normally see with the with the El PRIMERO caps legend and ZENITH plus model, serial etc. However this particular watch has the el Primero in cursive (typical of the 38mm version) the serial in the casebook matches everything and on my limited research I have found pics of both examples, but I don't know what I am looking at really.

The watch was purchased at 06/2015

Thank you

I take your point about the font of "El Primero," but I don't see any other reason for concern. Everything else looks proper.

Sergio....sure looks like a beauty! Could we get a dang glamour shot of whole watch please? :D

TIA

Sure can.

@LouS I like the seller, it's a full set and I did the exchange in person etc so I am not concerned really for authenticity, more curious really as I don't know much about Zenith so it's always nice to learn.

I am really pleased with it. I had the de Luca before and I have plenty of watches and I really did not think I would like this piece at 42mm based on pics but it wears really well. It dresses up or down and is extremely legible. Equally as important my wife loves it.

Mine is a 42 mm too and the markings look the same as yours. Don't worry, enjoy a great watch! image.jpeg

Hello all. I recently got a 03.2040.400/69.C494 Full set. All paperwork and serials match and the watch is in good condition. My only question is regarding the case back. This is the 42mm version that I normally see with the with the El PRIMERO caps legend and ZENITH plus model, serial etc. However this particular watch has the el Primero in cursive (typical of the 38mm version) the serial in the casebook matches everything and on my limited research I have found pics of both examples, but I don't know what I am looking at really.

Thank you

I love this watch....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is such a beutiful watch. I am just now considering the Zenith brand. I think that is the nicest Zenith out there.

I gave the modern one up, and landed this one today :) congrats with the acquisition, these tri Colours are really a bliss to look at.
Edited:

Can't offer much help in terms of figuring out the case back but this watch has been on my radar for a while now... Congrats on the absolute beauty!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How legible is this watch at a glance? This model is growing on me and I realize that pictures vs in person are two totally different things sometimes. Feedback from owners appreciated!

Highly legible compared to three dial chronos of same size. Notice that Zenith made the chronograph minute and hour subdials darker so that the hands stand out.

Mine is a 42 mm too and the markings look the same as yours. Don't worry, enjoy a great watch! image.jpeg
I love these watches, they just seemed to have popped into my radar this week. On this watch with the overlapping subdials, if the chrono timing is between 15 and 20 minutes how do you read the elasped time?

I love these watches, they just seemed to have popped into my radar this week. On this watch with the overlapping subdials, if the chrono timing is between 15 and 20 minutes how do you read the elasped time?
That's the biggest problem with these new versions...the sub dials are overlapped incorrectly!:( They should have not messed with the origional design.

Well I love this design, the striking 10 does not seem to suffer from that flaw, plus it is so dang cool. I am really debating on flipping my Rolex Explorer II and picking up the Striking 10.

Thank you

Wow, I am just noticing the finishing on the date window in your first picture. That is pretty amazing. WOW! I have to get one of these watches.

image.jpeg

Highly legible compared to three dial chronos of same size. Notice that Zenith made the chronograph minute and hour subdials darker so that the hands stand out.
Thanks! My eyes are over 50 yrs old and I'm still old school in that I should be able to tell the time when glancing at my watch. Cool is good but function is still first

This thread did it. It appears like I have flipped my Rolex Polar Explorer II (42mm) 216570 for a Zenith Striking 10th. Thanks to Serigo @Noble-Prize. The Explorer is packed in a box on the way to FedEx. I hope to get the Striking 10th within a week or so.

Thanks! My eyes are over 50 yrs old and I'm still old school in that I should be able to tell the time when glancing at my watch. Cool is good but function is still first

Just received my Striking 10th last night. I can assure the "legibility at a glance" is no problem. I had a metal handed Speedmaster 3507 and could not read the time, it was so bad I had to change out the stock metal stick hands for broad arrow hands which improved the legibility a huge amount but can sometimes still be a problem when dark. I can say the El Primero is really good - really easy to read at a glance. Not as good as the Rolex Polar Explorer 2 42mm (you can read that from across the room) which I flipped for the Zenith but pretty close as to make it a non-issue. You can see below, the broad arrows are still a little hard to read. The hands on the Zenith contrast with the dial - so they stand out.

image.jpeg