New member with small Zenith collection

Hi,

Some of you may know me from the OnTheDash Heuer forum.

While I'm collecting vintage Heuer chronographs I'm always open for iconic watches of other brands and after adding two Zenith models recently I dare to speak of a small collection:

20140118_000119.jpg

Have a great weekend.

Cheers,

Mick

Welcome to the forum. That's not just a small collection you have there. Very nice. Have seen some of your Heuers being a lurker on OTD. Do show us your Heuers here. Just curious about that A3817. The case doesn't look to be in shade as the other stainless cases. Looks gold/bronze from here.

If this is considered small, your collection is off to a great start!
Awesome to see someone else rocking the "mango" EP too! We need more of those around here.

Welcome Mick, glad to see you over here. I see that you have the holy Trinity (A 386 - Cairelli - A 3736 Super Sub Sea) which elevates you to instant membership among the Zenitherati.

Now then, I'm eager to get down to brass tacks over your latest acquisition...::book::::confused2:: ::book::

Hello Mick,

as just beeing a lurker over here, I'd be ultimately happy to see a portrait of your Heuer collection. I must admit, that I lost track of all your superb watches you are showing each friday.

As it comes to your Zeniths, the A 386 is one more time the cherry on the cake. Although I have to say, that the super sub sea is also pure Candy.

Kind regards,
Manu

Hi Gavin,

Welcome to the forum. That's not just a small collection you have there. Very nice. Have seen some of your Heuers being a lurker on OTD. Do show us your Heuers here.

Thanks for the warm welcome.

Regarding my Heuer watches, I would prefer to keep the brands separate. I will show non Zenith watches here in open threads ("What's on your wrist today?") only.

Just curious about that A3817. The case doesn't look to be in shade as the other stainless cases. Looks gold/bronze from here.

No steel, no bronze, it's solid Yellow Gold:

20140117_000102.jpg

I will present the watch with additional pictures in a separate thread.

Cheers,

Mick

Hi,

If this is considered small, your collection is off to a great start!
Awesome to see someone else rocking the "mango" EP too! We need more of those around here.

Generally I don't like the playful details of the Rainbow models. But I was totally flashed by this deep yellow (mango!) color. Only on the second glance I appreciated the very fine and detailed execution of the dial and hands:

20140119_000008.jpg

My challenge now is to match this special dial color with a suitable strap.

Cheers,

Mick

Hello Lou,

Welcome Mick, glad to see you over here. I see that you have the holy Trinity (A 386 - Cairelli - A 3736 Super Sub Sea) which elevates you to instant membership among the Zenitherati.

Thank you very much for guiding me to this forum.

You may remember that it was your excellent photo of your silver dial Super Sub Sea which let me hunt for my first Zenith. I like its enormous presence on the wrist (not disturbed by those ugly orange hands :)):

20130201_000001.jpg

Now then, I'm eager to get down to brass tacks over your latest acquisition...::book::::confused2:: ::book::

More Gold than brass, coming soon to this theatre …

Cheers,

Mick

HI Manu,

Hello Mick,

as just beeing a lurker over here, I'd be ultimately happy to see a portrait of your Heuer collection. I must admit, that I lost track of all your superb watches you are showing each friday.

Thanks. Stay tuned on the OTD forum.

As it comes to your Zeniths, the A 386 is one more time the cherry on the cake. Although I have to say, that the super sub sea is also pure Candy.

Kind regards,
Manu

The A 386 was my second Zenith. I was and am fascinated by the overlapping large sub dials not seen on Heuer chronographs, not even on the first generation Autavias:

20120824_000016.jpg

Cheers,

Mick

Hi dibs,

love the mango ep.....

Thanks. I love the bold yet delicate digits and the hands.

Here is another photo for you:

20140119_000006.jpg

Cheers,

Mick

Hi Gigi,

I mean to know this latest.... :thumbsdown:

Should you actually know my watch, maybe you could contribute your infos to my other thread, most notably since I got a lead to Italy while tracing back its history.

Cheers,

Mick