My Primero Primero (and Only One)

My first el Primero but hopefully not my last. A 1973, 01.0210.415. Bought this one in 2008 of a guy working in a clothes shop. Noticed his watch while we were talking jackets and then just asked him if he was interested in wrist watches - and he said "no, why are you asking". He had got it as payment for clothes - ages ago. Negotiated a little and then it was mine. The chrono did not work but a service later everything was fine. Found a box at auction that might be period correct. A nice little set.
Regards
JE
zep3.jpg

zep4.jpg

ZenithElPrimero19725.jpg

Bildere021.jpg

Bildere027.jpg

Bildere004.jpg

The ultimate in Stainless elegance. I love the mesh bracelet. That watch is a real beauty. What does the clasp look like?

JohnCote

One of the last references before the factory ceased Primero production - it has a certain something in common with the turtle-cased Captains that you like.

The ultimate in Stainless elegance. I love the mesh bracelet. That watch is a real beauty. What does the clasp look like?

JohnCote

Thanks!
Here it is - it is supposed be a black infill but it is long gone. One day I will get around to restore it....

zep5.jpg

Again, my compliments on this beautiful watch. I think I like the bracelet just as it is. Thanks for posting the photo of the clasp. I am even more jealous now. WOW!

JohnCote

Great watch! I have one which is currently being attended to my watchmaker..love the bracelet, so comfy!

JE very nice watch..........I am longing for Primero for sometimes........