My most valuable Zenith.

I have been collecting watches for longer than I care to remember however my most "valuable" watch was my first (well second but that's another story). When I was a teen, I would borrow my Dad's watch overnight just to put it under my pillow to listen to it's melody, ocassionally Dad would let me wear it for a day or two and I would constantly marvel at how thin a machine it was given its function.

The poor old watch would get knocked about for years on Dad's wrist as he worked as a storeman in a tyre factory or digging the family garden patch...it only left his wrist if it was on loan to me! I remember at least two occasions where the plexi needed changing after a hard knock but fortunately a quick fix as the watchmaker lived in our street which also meant the watch got a regular clean and oil throughout it's life.

One last treasure, the watch links 3 generations in my family, well at least in sentiment; the watch was gifted to my Dad by his Grandmother.

Now the watch, but don't get too excited, she's a plain Jane but I love her.....
IMG_3437.JPG
Edited:

Heirlooms are the best kinds of watches. The watch that got me interested in watches as something more than a tool for telling time was my great granddad's Illinois that my dad had when I was little.

A couple of shots showing the beautiful work Zenith did in creating the "flying saucer" case.

IMG_3450.JPG IMG_3451-1.JPG

I’m glad you’ve kept it in the family. Wear it with pride and fond memories

I’m glad you’ve kept it in the family. Wear it with pride and fond memories

Always...thank you.

wow! nice story! Love the watch too. Quite surprise with after all the years of heavily used it still remain in a great condition, with original crown, too.

And the long since closed AD where she was bought... DSC_0698.JPG

Does the store look like this still, think there would be a ton of PR stuff. These are the places NOS watches are found in a draw.

Surprised @Tony C. and a few other members would be halfway there if your answer is "Yes"

Does the store look like this still, think there would be a ton of PR stuff. These are the places NOS watches are found in a draw.

Surprised @Tony C. and a few other members would be halfway there if your answer is "Yes"
I honestly don't know...but I will be back there next year. I may be listing a bunch of NOS Zeniths after the trip;)

I honestly don't know...but I will be back there next year. I may be listing a bunch of NOS Zeniths after the trip;)

How long ago was the picture taken.

Shit I’d almost go there for the “Concessionario” sign alone.