Live! Red Bull Stratos Dive

Given he's 25KM up already, his options regarding accomplishing it or not are somewhat limited lol

One way or the other he's coming down

I'm watching it right now as well...absolutely nuts. What a view of the earth from up there...I see Zenith is a sponsor...booooo :p

I'm watching it right now as well...absolutely nuts. What a view of the earth from up there...I see Zenith is a sponsor...booooo :p
Least its not Breitling again lol every time some nutter wants to do something crazy in the skies its usually the cursive B that straps an Emergency on his wrist

Spotted 2 Speedmasters in the Mission Control pictures

I absolutely love watching stuff like that, I watched all of the last space shuttle mission on NASA tv and it was so inspiring!

Well done Felix Baumgartner and to all the Red Bull Stratos team, awsome stuff!

Wow, that was one hell of a free fall !. Well done Felix.

The Controller that went over the check list with him was awful. No standardized protocol replies, just OK, thanks., thank you. yeah, ah huh,etc.,etc.
Replies should have been confirmed with a standard, "Roger, tube disconnected, Roger Oxygen turned off, Roger Hatch confirmed open. :thumbsdown:
Not like NASA, very amateurish.

I see Zenith is a sponsor...Yeaaaa :p

Oop Zenith! Finally they capitalize on their sponsorship! Zenith has made a series of really odd decisions regarding brand ambassadors, but here they may be on to something.

The backstory is that Zenith launched their Stratos model line waaaay back in 2011 in anticipation of Baumgarter jumping that year, but various legal complications delayed it, so Zenith was stuck with a model line with no rationale for the name. Some awkward shifting of the model ambassadorship followed, to a crusty Colonel Blimp type named John Bashford-Snell or some such, who actually wore a pith helmet, and is apparently famous (or at least known) for driving Land Rovers into various central american swamps. Predictably, that went exactly nowhere. Now at last, Zenith can recoup on the investment....

that's brilliant!

62492_390085944397565_1145662296_n.jpg

The first watch to break the sound barrier in a near space environment?

Wouldn't the Speedmasters worn on EVA since Gemini IV have done that? Like hundreds of times?