Lets see your UG Tri-Compax

I have been bitten with the UG Tri-Compax bug. But honestly hardly find photos on them as I do with other watches. I know a ton of members here have them. So would love to see everyone share some pics!

YG, 37mm
20180413_145001.jpg

RG, 35mm
ws.jpeg

SS, 35mm
20170510_195530.jpg

and its original dial:
DSCF0035.JPG
Beautiful, all of them. Another member of the TRI-ple play club! Rose, yellow and steel. ::psy:::thumbsup:

Tri Compax was what originally got me into UG, then I discovered all the rest. Here's a few I've had (the first two I sold).....

oversized rose gold

P1010651_adj.jpg

Midsized SS

P1010534_adj.jpg

Oversized SS

P1010153_adj.jpg

And this oversized SS sibling

P1010106_adj.jpg

Perhaps this is a stupid question, but where are all the Tri-Compaxs? To be honest I thought far more popular amongst vintage watch collectors when I first purchased.

But now I’m looking around to see others and I realize I’m quiet wrong.

Not that it really matters to me, but are they just not as popular as I expected, so don’t come up as often, or just fewer out there?

Answer is that they are in collections...

Perhaps this is a stupid question, but where are all the Tri-Compaxs? To be honest I thought far more popular amongst vintage watch collectors when I first purchased.

But now I’m looking around to see others and I realize I’m quiet wrong.

Not that it really matters to me, but are they just not as popular as I expected, so don’t come up as often, or just fewer out there?

I think they are very popular amount WIS but not the larger public, and there are not many good ones around. Like Larry said, they are almost all safely tucked away in collections, and rarely coming up for air

I think they are very popular amount WIS but not the larger public, and there are not many good ones around. Like Larry said, they are almost all safely tucked away in collections, and rarely coming up for air

Fair enough, must say makes it tough on a new UG collector...

I guess I’ll have to wait patiently for one of these mint oversized rose gold tris come up
The other thing I’m noticing is that newly smitten collectors seem to think that they are going to get a minty tri for under five grand. That ain’t happing.

The other thing I’m noticing is that newly smitten collectors seem to think that they are going to get a minty tri for under five grand. That ain’t happing.
For the 37mm versions, I agree, but for 34/35 mm, it is not impossible to find a good watch for under 5k. (ok, depending on the currency).

For the 37mm versions, I agree, but for 34/35 mm, it is not impossible to find a good watch for under 5k. (ok, depending on the currency).
Agree. Not impossible but getting tougher.