Introduction and gratitude.

Hi all, I would just like to introduce myself. My name is Alan originally from N.Ireland, currently residing in S.America. My most precious possession was my father's beautiful 60's Seamaster 600. Sadly it was lost here some years ago and I've recently been trying to find another to fill the deep viod in my heart. This morning, with much joy, I completed a purchase of a lovely 1966 Constellation, of course from a member here.The experience of searching and reseaching couldn't have been possible without the invaluable resources and helpful contributions found here on OF. I would like to praise Hoi for his patience and understanding during the purchasing process, he was a pleasure to deal with. After filling the void in my soul I now have a hole in my pocket. I am not yet sure if this was a one off purchase or just the start of an obsession with vintage Omega's. Anyway I feel happy being in the company of the good folk here.
https://omegaforums.net/threads/omega-constellation-dome-dial-168-005.174322/

Welcome, and empty that pocket some more because everyone knows…..

Welcome to the forum, and thanks for sharing your story. Once you buy 10 watches here you get a free coffee.

Welcome, Alan! Show us a pic of that new vintage watch!

Welcome to the forum Alan, you did well with your purchase. The watch is nice and original, in quite good condition, but has a touch of patina to show that it has lived an honest life. Although it will never replace your father's watch, I hope that it reminds you of him. Congrats!
Edited:

Hi
Hi, thanks for your messsge. I just spoke a few minutes ago with the wonderful Shane Ede in Toronto who is going to do a service for me. I will cerainly post a few pics when I get it. I told Shane I was in Colombia he didnt realize I'd just bought the piece from Hoi in Canada and was amazed at me sending him the watch from S.America. I had to, unfortunately, disillusion him a bit and tell him the actual locational. Seems super friendly.

Welcome to the forum Alan, you did well with your purchase. The watch is nice and original, in quite good condition, but has a touch of patina to show that it has lived an honest life. Although it will never replace your father's watch, I hope that it reminds you of him. Congrats!
Hi, thanks I am emotional now but waigt till I have the watch in my hands after it comes back from servicing!

Welcome to the forum, and thanks for sharing your story. Once you buy 10 watches here you get a free coffee.
Hi, we have a lot of coffee where I am but look forward to getting my free one. Thanks.

Welcome, and empty that pocket some more because everyone knows…..

Hi P4ul, thanks for the advice and video.

Welcome aboard and Hi thanks, extremely pleased with my new watch. I just got back from an appointment with my cardiologist, I felt like asking her if her if there was any point in forking out money for a 5 year service! I remembered my dad's quip about a guy asking his doctor if he was going to be ok and the doctor just said Well, I wouldn't go buying any long playing records.'
Shows you how long ago that was.

Anyway I intend to keep this one and when I go it will be passed down.

Hi, just discovered that this watch is one of the famed 100,000 movements (serial number 24,410,000 through 24,509,999) that earned the designation “Merit En Bloc” for superior accuracy during chronometer trials between October 1964 and February 1966.